Finest Post Nominations Of The Committee - March 2021

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Mar 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Rihana,
    I don't want to talk unncessarily on this thread but this here
    had me laughing. Everyyear I mention a sister, a child, a brother, a dog from my family I literally see kids eyes pop out with a "You have a ......" . That is the best experience I have year after year! I love telling them that I have a life too :)

Done, no more interruptions!

2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear V sir,

So so sorry about missing on this message.
    Thank you as always for being so supportive!Truly appreciated and very grateful!

Thyagarajan and Viswamitra like this.
  3. Flyhigher

Flyhigher Gold IL'ite

Thank you @Viswamitra ji.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

Thank you soooo much Rihana!

I spent a lot of time compiling it - feels so good to be acknowledged and appreciated!
    I love my work and my students ! You talk about children - I've seen several parents too who think we don't have our own lives!

But, I also have students/parents who remember to bring a prasad when they have a pooja or students who ring the bell at exactly 5 am if I have scheduled their class at that time...
    So, we do get all kinds of students :grinning::grinning:

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, I'm glad your granddaughter could explain all this!

Actually, the education system has NOT advanced - at least it has not changed for the past 30 years - but competition and corruption has increased and the pressure to be topper, spend money and do hi-fi courses from hi-fi institutes has increased.
    Education has become a business, it is > $70 million business - and students and parents are like headless chickens now - not knowing where to go and what to do and dazzled by the choices! And they're easily led to spend money!

So hundreds of groups like mine are creating awareness and making efforts to bring about these changes so that students and parents have more clarity, they are not pressured and burdened and they don't spend their hard-earned money on unnecessary stuff !

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:
    IIPM is/was one such institution. It’s founder Arindam chaudory
    On 23 August 2020, was arrested for tax evasion of 230 million (US$3.2 million) source: Wikipedia

Seemingly drop in an ocean but drops only make an ocean & nation too.

hrastro likes this.
  7. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@iyerviji
    My dear Viji
    Thank you for keeping up your commitment despite the fact you arrived here late this month.

1. Language Khichadi by satchitananda
    Quite often Satchi makes me feel inadequate particularly when she talks about tryst with foreign languages. It's a pity I had no flair for any linguistic adventures. I know that we start looking for other languages to conquer after we have mastered our mother tongue and perhaps English. For a man, who is armed with a thesaurus all the time, English continues to be tricky. How can I think of another language at such a stage? All I do is to stand like a mule in front of Max Mueller Bhavan!

2. Celebrity Shortcuts by HariLakhera
    I keep telling you that I read Hariji for his tongue in cheek humour. This post is no exception. He takes us on a trip from Rakhi Sawant and Rahul Mahajan to Right Brothers, Graham Bell and Gandhi.
    A delihtful read!

3. Just A Vent! Some Positivity Will Help! Response by winterhue
    WH is really a helpful person. Just listening to her pointing out ways to get over a particular problem eases our tension. Listen to this:
    Need I say more?

4. Accept What You Cannot Change? by confused4sure
    confused4sure hardly appears confused! Listen to this:
    I have never seen a more practical solution to a MIL dominance! Way to go!

5. Kumkum, Flowers And Woman! by Anusha2917
    "Why is it complicated ? I'm not saying to not grieve but why is one denied things like not to keep kumkum or not to keep Flowers etc."
    I really wonder if this is an issue anymore. I have come across girls asking why this should be done when they had flowers and kumkum even before marriage. The famous writer Sivasankari has refused to follow this practice of not wearing flowers after her husband's passing away. And they were such a close couple.

6. Child Care During Covid Times by Sweety2016
    So very true. In my nearly 80 years of existence, I have never encountered a problem like this. It's ok for oldies like me but for the younger generation, it could very tough. I only hope that all this will come to an end very soon.
    It's now Election time in my part of the country. If you look at the milling millions, you will be amazed by their scant regard for the dos and don'ts of Covid virus!

8. Cheeniya

@Rihana
    Thank you for your six nominations

1. Cannot Keep Up With The Younger Generation :) @anika987
    As I was reading through this delightful post, my face got creased with a fixed smile like that of a toothless octogenarian model from a Kashmiri village!
    How else do you expect a man nearing 80 to respond to such a delightful sum-up?

2.Behavioral Issues In Preschool - Am Extremely Down - Please Help! Response by @Sandhya13
    Same pinch! That was my reaction too when I was reading through this post!
    That's like ordering for 'kuchchi ice' and getting a triple sundae!

3. Just A Vent! Some Positivity Will Help! Response by @DDream
    DD is a very caring person. When she responds to a post, words come from her heart. There is nothing high-handed about it. Look at her summing up:
    Need we say more?

4. An Incident Which Haunts Me... by @anika987
    For some strange reason, this incident reminded me of the movie Mutiny on the Bounty that came in early 1960s.
    Reading through anika's narrative, I felt a lump in my throat. I have attended a few seminars in Kerala on how to make these miserable job seekers' lives more tolerable. The tales of woe narrated by the wives of some of them filled our eyes with tears.
    A poignant post by Anika

5. Guilty, My Lord! by @HariLakhera
    A well chronicled post by Hariji about a forgettable incident in his life but coming to think of it, Hariji's reaction in not finding his cash at a strange place is understandable. Cannot help feeling how the advent of Credit and Debit cards has eased our life!

6. Online Teaching - Some Tips And Thoughts! by @hrastro
    An extremely useful thread by hrastro.
    The fifteen suggestions are extremely practical and I could not ignore this:
    Thank you for your nominations Rihana!

Sri

9. Cheeniya

This thread is now closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.