Kaju Katli! Indian Cashew fudge. Easy to make with just 3 ingredients.
- Cashew powder – 3 cups
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Ghee – for greasing
- Dry cashews in the sun or microwave for 1 minute.
- Powder in batches of small amounts at a time.
- Keep it ready.
- Make syrup with sugar ( refer tips on sugar syrup ) and 1/2 cup of water and as soon as it reaches soft ball stage, remove from the stove, add cashew powder and go on stirring till it thickens as a mass.
- This should be done fast. ( note – no cooking after cashew is added )
- Empty on the greased back of a big plate or on clean counter top.
- Immediately roll it as thin as possible with a greased rolling pin.
- Mark and cut into diamonds.
- You must keep everything ready and start doing the katli.