Jigarthanda is a popular cold beverage in Madurai, Tamilnadu. This is an easy method, which is bit different from Jil Jil Jigarthanda, but tastes great!
- Badham pisin – Marble size
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or strawberry custard powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Scoop of any ice cream
- Rose syrup /any fruit crush
- Take a marble size Badham pisin and soak in ½ cup of water for 8 hrs. It will form as a jelly.
- Make custard with 1/3 cup milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla/strawberry custard powder, 1 tablespoon sugar and Cool it.
- In a glass arrange the below listed ingredients as layer by layer:
- Pour cooled custard at the bottom of the glass.
- Then add the soaked badam pisin
- Next layer add strawberry crush.
- Top it with a scoop of any ice cream
- Finally you can add rose syrup /any fruit crush, to your taste.
NOTES AND TIPS:
- Badham pisin is a cooling agent, available in herbal medicines shops.
- This is different from goond (gaund) used in the North.