Badam Halwa is such a delicious dessert to have on festivals. This is a dessert item which is made with almonds. Badham improves immunity to the kids. Preparing badam halwa is very easy but the peeling almonds needs some extra time .It turned out perfect and the taste was awesome.
Author: This recipe is a guest post from Shobas Delight.
- Badam -2 cups
- Sugar – 2 cups
- Milk -1 litre
- Ghee – 1 cup
- Saffron – 1 tbsp.
- Elachi powdered -1 tsp
- Food colour yellow
- Soak the almond in water for 2 hours and peel the skin.Put the peeled almonds in a blender and grind along with milk to a smooth paste.
- Soak the saffron threads in a tbsp. of milk and set it aside.Add rest of the milk, saffron and the food color to it… mix them well and start cook it in medium flame.
- Now add the almond paste, then add the sugar and mix it well. Cook it in a medium flame for few minutes.
- Add the remaining ghee and food color mix it well and stir it continuously till it leaves the sides of the pan. Finally add the cardamom powder and put off the flame, mix it well.
- Switch off immediately and keep stirring for another 5 to 6 minutes adding the remaining ghee. Let cool and serve.
- Now Yummy Badam halwa is ready to be enjoyed by your family.
NOTES AND TIPS:
- If your halwa is sticky, then you need to add more ghee and keep stirring for a while again
- After cooling down completely, the texture gets thickened a bit. If you find it still sticky, then you can always stir again in the pan and add more ghee to get the right consistency If you add too much of milk it took more time to cook