Author : This recipe is a guest post from Priya’s Versatile Recipes.
- 1cup Khoya/Mawa(unsweetened)
- 3tbsp All purpose flour
- 2pinch Baking soda
- Oil for frying
- Sugar (to roll the jamuns)
- 2cups Sugar
- 1cup Water
- 3nos Cardamom (crushed)
- Few saffron strands
- Take the khoya, all purpose flour, baking soda in a bowl, slowly add water and knead a soft dough.
- Dont overknead the dough, handle the dough softly and keep aside for half an hour.
- Make small balls out of the dough.
- Meanwhile heat the oil for deep frying.
- Drop the rolled balls in small batch and fry them in medium flame by rolling them until they turns golden brown.
- Drain the excess of oil with paper towel.
- Make the sugar syrup by combining sugar and water.
- Once the sugar syrup turns thick, add the crushed cardamom, saffron strands and put off the stove.
- Drop the fried jamuns to the syrup and let them sit for two hours.
- Now remove the jamuns from the syrup and roll them in sugar.