Make a great twist to your usual banana bread by adding Oats to it, which make the recipe more healthier.
- Whole wheat flour – 1.5 cup
- Rolled original oats- 1/2 cup + a spoon for dusting on top
- Olive oil – 2 tsp
- Frozen and thawed banana – 3 nos.
- Sugar – less than 1/2 cup( If bananas are super sweet, otherwise increase sugar accordingly)
- Raisins – as required
- Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
- Baking soda – a pinch
- If using ripe bananas, Freeze them for a day and thaw it in when i was ready to make the bread.
- Puree the banana in a mixer. It becomes very creamy and is more than required to bind the cake.
- Measure the flour, coarsely grounded oats, and baking powder and baking soda and mix the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, mix the pureed banana, olive oil and sugar and mix together.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients bowl and kept folding and not mixing.
- Add nuts or raisins in this stage. Preheat oven to 300 F and grease the pan and pour the bread batter. Sprinkle a spoon of oat nut on the top and bake for 20 – 25 mins.
- Transfer to cooling rack and enjoy.