Author: This recipe is a guest post by Sashiga Kitchen
- Ghee – 1/2 cup
- Sugar -1/2 cup
- Water – 1/2 Cup
- Maida – 2 1/4 Cup
- Salt -1/8 tspn
- Oil – For Deep Frying
- First melt the ghee in a kadai.
- In another vessel dissolve sugar in water gently heating it.
- Add the sweet water in melted ghee.
- Let the mixture come to room temperature add salt to it
- Gradually add the flour little by little,mix it to make a smooth pliable dough.
- Make a 4 – 5 big size balls,roll out a thin circle .
- Cut out the uneven edges and then using a knife or pizza cutter or somas cutter cut 1 inch wide strips
- Cut the strips horizontally to get square or diamond cuts.here i cut square shape.
- Meanwhile heat oil in kadai ,fry the cuts till golden colour.
- Completely cool it and store it in a airtight container.
NOTES AND TIPS:
Cover the cuts and dough with a cloth to prevent from drying.
Once the dough is prepared make the biscuits immediately otherwise the ghee in the dough would solidify and its difficult to roll it.