Finest Post Nominations - September 2023

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Rihana, Aug 31, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gamma50g

gamma50g Gold IL'ite

Rihana likes this.
  2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Wow . Pleasant surprise early morning .Thanks

Rihana likes this.
  3. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite

I would also like to second the nomination of @iyerviji by @gamma50g for her beautiful post memories

Rihana and iyerviji like this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Maalti. Glad to receive your momination

Rihana likes this.
  5. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thank you for all the nominations so far, @iyerviji, @gamma50g and @maalti.
    Snippet by @gamma50g - Lessons In Life And Relationships
    Gamma50g has been outdoing herself in each writing! A veritable pleasure to read the thoughts presented and oh how beautifully they are presented:
    Thus, I inscribe my thoughts, etching them digitally, a testament to a life embraced, relationships nurtured, and lessons unfurled.

There is a certain element of style in the writing and in the concluding words that for some reason reminds me of a senior bank officer or leader of a country signing off on an important document with a flourish and capping the fountain pen decisively, and sitting back. :blush:
    Snippet by @Viswamitra - Live & Love
    A simple yet comprehensive look at relationships, how they are unavoidable and how we can navigate through them with reasonable peace and calm. So much to learn from the snippet. I have to go back and read again some parts such as how one should not drift from the goal of achieving or retaining peace and happiness even after a necessary or unavoidable confrontation. One of my favorite take-aways was:
    The discussions should neither be with excessive praise nor should undermine the wisdom of one another.

Indeed, moderation and balance are key.

gamma50g and iyerviji like this.
  6. Rihana

Response by @MadhuRK in Odd Situation Need Help
    Visiting in-laws can cause turbulence in even the most calm and sane households. With examples and a wry narration, MadhuRK has managed to infuse humor into a response filled with empathy and suggestions.

Post by @BeautifulSmile - When It Rains It Pours! Huh!
    I sincerely hope and pray that BeautifulSmile has successfully moved on from the tough times and all in her family are doing well now. Hoping to see an update soon.

iyerviji likes this.
  7. Rihana

Snippet by @HariLakhera - https://indusladies.com/community/threads/teachers-day-special-my-three-months-of-teaching.317612/
    One of Hari ji's lighter writings, it gently takes us through the initial enthusiasm for teaching, which turned into a sense of responsibility as he realized the impact on students' futures, and then the inevitable management politics, yet walking away with memories that remain fresh decades later. Well done, very well written.
    Snippet by @HariLakhera - https://indusladies.com/community/threads/india-that-is-bharat.317632/

This snippet by Hari ji explores the historical names of India and how it evolved through various periods and rulers. And cautions against further complicating the country's history through name changes, instead we need to focus on improving the lives of its people, the poor in particular. One can only hope politicians do some good with all the bad they just have to do!

iyerviji likes this.
  8. Rihana

Responses by @mangaii and @satchitananda in
    https://indusladies.com/community/threads/hoping-mil-to-die.317369/#post-4273239 (mangaii)
    https://indusladies.com/community/threads/hoping-mil-to-die.317369/page-6#post-4274041 (satchitananda)

OP in the thread has posted a problem that many can relate to but it is not easy to provide suggestions in such situations. Both @mangaii and @satchitananda have overcome that difficulty and empathize with the OP while clearly stating why she should steer clear of those thoughts for her own peace of mind.

satchitananda and iyerviji like this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Rihana likes this.
  10. Rihana

Snippet by @Sweety2016 - https://indusladies.com/community/threads/little-things-matter.317628/

An insightful snippet that many of us will agree with and relate to.

At this stage of my life, I have come to a realization that more than love, empathy and respect for a fellow human being's time and energy is more attractive and appealing.

True. Love and romance matter more in the initial phase of a relationship. After that, and in any relationship, respect and consideration for a fellow human's time, energy and effort become more important. These little acts of taking care of one's responsibilities cannot always be taught. It is kind of draining to teach them to a grown person. Many women in my friend circle simple give up and do the task themselves.

I've noticed in groups also, there will be some free-loaders, perennial late-comers, and those who don't clean up after themselves in a group reservation air-bnb, they'll just put on shoes and go sit in the car. When asked to help clean up, they look at their shoes which suddenly become unremove-able. : )

iyerviji likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.