Finest Post Nominations Of The Committee - December 2020

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Dec 1, 2020.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

ear
    Thanks dear for the compliments. I love all your posts.My pleasure dear

Laks09 likes this.
  2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Laks09 likes this.
  3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@iyerviji
    My dear Viji
    Thank you opening the month's account with the thread Husband's Grief=our(family) Grief. Wife's Grief, Not Even Hers! by @bubble09
    The post raises vital questions about married life. The first of the Sapthapadi says 'Now let us make a vow together. We shall share love, share the same food, share our strengths, share the same tastes. We shall be of one mind, we shall observe the vows together.'
    The couple goes through the ritual mechanically. Such a commitment has no validity anymore but we stick on to the ritual. A printed version of this mantra with the explanation in English must be furnished so that the couple understands the extent of commitment to each other.
    The entire wedding ceremony should be explained to the couple in simple language. This will reduce the scope for blame game later on.
    Sri

iyerviji likes this.
  4. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

Good that you had enjoyed the posts. The posts of this particular thread do not have much of my writings. It is just observations of what is already in the public domain. Resulted from a major house-cleaning, and unearthing of many old photographs.
    Please feel free to take this nomination out of running for any recognition.
    Thanks.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
  5. Cheeniya

@Rihana
    Thank you for your opening nomination of @Srama 's response to the thread How To Cope Up With Anxiety?
    Srama excels in responding to others as much as she does in her own creations. Please not that I use the word 'creation' when I refer to her own blogs. This response tells us her lifestyle, hermantra, her meditations at all.
    She is a storehouse of mantras and slokas and I am not surprised that she goes to them when experiencing unquiet in her mind. I have a small point to make. The mantras are beneficial through their phonetic effect rather then their meaning. Each mantra has a way to recite. If you listen to the Vishnu Sahasranamam by MS, you will see her variations in phonetics. That's why we say that mantras are more effective whn received from a guru. I am sure our Sabi knows about all this.
    Thanks again for this nomination.

Srama and Rihana like this.
  6. Cheeniya

@Rihana
    A great nomination this is! I mean the story of the lowly bathroom slippers by @Nuzhath
    Bathroom Slippers, Yay Or Nay?
    has all the hallmark of how subtle humour can make us chuckle.
    Bathroom slippers were originally known as Singapore Chappal at least in the South India. When they first made their appearance here, people even wore it to office proudly.
    From that exalted status they enjoyed at first day, first show, I felt tickled reading Nuzhath. Full marks to her!

Last edited: Dec 26, 2020
    Rihana likes this.
  7. Cheeniya

@iyerviji
    My dear viji
    Thank you for your nomination of @Metamorphic 's hard hitting response in the thread How To Love Partner?
    She has been extremely candid the like of which we can hardly see these days. Despite the stinging language, we do understand that the response meant well.
    Good nomination viji
    Sri

iyerviji likes this.
  8. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Nominating my fifth one for the month before other time zones read it. : )

Covid has made the busy lives of working mothers even more challenging. @DDream has many useful suggestions in her post to help one such mother: My Older One Missing Out On Classes

Most of the ideas in the post are to do with children. The conclusion includes a letter that surely many of us wrote or imagined writing in childhood. But my favorite part was:
    Dont expect that he will volunteer. Most men are like that you need to clearly give instructions. That too in a few sentences. Dont talk much while asking help.
    Men are simple beings. Interactions with them have to be kept simple too. DDream gives succinct tips on how to move towards accomplishing that. Sustained success in this venture is not guaranteed but a success rate of even fifty percent is not something to be sneezed at.

DDream likes this.
  9. Cheeniya

@Viswamitra
    My dear Viswa
    Apologies for the late response.
    Thank you for your first nomination of A Wheel's Cry ... by @Metamorphic
    You have said all that I wanted to say in your nomination itself! It is a classic metaphor of Metamorphic. The prelude in prose is as poetic as the cry of the wheel.
    Sri

Thyagarajan likes this.
  10. Cheeniya

@Viswamitra
    My dear Viswa
    Thank you your nomination of It's The Season..... by @Srama
    When it comes to acknowledging a post by Sabi I feel stumped royally. Who can match her poetic expression and vivid imagery? Look at her DD standing with the torch on and the bag wide open with her mum to sweep and dump the trash in. And this: ' thinking of "The Little Prince" his rose, his adventure, smiling, and imaging my ancestors,loved ones smiling down on me, showering blessings!'
    Who am I to review such a post?
    Sri

Thyagarajan and Srama like this.