Finest Post Nominations - February 2024

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Rihana, Feb 1, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Rihana and Srama like this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Rihana likes this.
  4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Vijiakka,

Thank you so much for considering my post in response to Rihana's "Holding the Space" thread good enought to nominate.

Thyagarajan and iyerviji like this.
  5. Srama

Srama IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji aunty, thank you for the nomination!

Strangely, this february we have been having many a spring-like-days! Not complaining but still feels different. Glad to see you are well and back to action here in IL! Take care aunty.

Cheeniya, iyerviji and Thyagarajan like this.
  6. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dearest Viji Jaan, it is so great to see this update from you and to see you back active in FP thread. Eight of the 12 nominations are from you! Thank you.

1. Snippet by @Viswamitra - Types Of Teachers
    A snippet about teachers from one of IL's gentlest teachers. For a few days after reading it, I went about reciting in my mind a favorite Sanskrit memory - ramaḥ, ramau, ramāḥ, and thinking back to the various teachers and teacher kind of people I've been blessed to have in my life.

2. A call to action by @maalti - How Environment Conscious Are We
    A straightforward description of the problem of we all abuse mother earth even if unwittingly, and a reminder to us to resolve to do our little bit.

3. An analysis of the Gods by @HariLakhera - Our Gods Are Sporting, We Are Not, Why?
    I read Hari ji's neutral and even-handed breakdown of the interactions of our Gods and it dawned on me - there's a thing or two the U.S. Supreme Court judges could pick up from it when it comes to interpreting the constitution.

4. Response by @hrastro in Help!! In Laws Visiting Soon!!
    A step by step list of suggestions by our dear HR. Even following a few will make a world of difference.

5. Response by @mangaii in How Do I Navigate Through This?
    A clear response with views stated unequivocally. Sometimes we need to read inputs like this.

6. An advance Hola to spring by @Srama - A Spring--like Day!
    Reading the snippet is like trying out the most delightful blend of teas as one ponders on the passing seasons, the promise of warmer days, and the ever changing landscape of life.

7. Holding The Space by @Rihana
    A nice and special feeling to see my post nominated. This one was a labor of love, loads of thinking and tinkering went into it.

8. A moving response by @Viswamitra in Holding The Space
    Viswa's poignant post captures the essence of mostly silent presence and companionship, and the profound comfort it can offer.

Viswamitra, Cheeniya and iyerviji like this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My pyari Rihana

My pleasure to nominate. Super replies by you to the nominations

Srama, Cheeniya and Rihana like this.
  8. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Mistt, @maalti and @Thyagarajan Thyagu thank you for the nominations. You took the time to bring these fine posts to the FP thread, and because of that many more read them.

Tongue Amidst Teeth by @jayasala42 (nominated by @Mistt)
    One of the best ways to demonstrate necessary life skills to the young is through stories from our mythology.

A Journey To Happiness And Self-confidence by @gamma50g (nominated by @maalti )
    My favorite kind of writing by @gamma50g. Why favorite, you ask? Because it brough out the best in all those who responded. It prompts a deeper exploration of self-compassion and embracing our imperfections.

Response by @jayasala42 in Types Of Teachers (nominated by @Thyagarajan )
    A neat summary of the diverse teachers life presents. And a reminder that in every moment lies a lesson waiting to be discovered.

Response by @DDream in Should One Change For Others? (nominated by @Thyagarajan)
    Good to see a post from DDream after a gap. A response filled with practical wisdom and an empathetic approach to setting boundaries while respecting differences and understanding the perspectives of others.

9. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan Finest Post Winner

I have been longing to see my name in pink boxed . Whatever I enjoyed reading instead of mulling over it this time I decided to post then and there for FP.
    But few hours from now, from your Indian home , you would be declaring or announcing or proclaiming the FP and I trust you quote the best from bests as FP.
    Regards.

maalti and Rihana like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.