1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Our Gods Are Sporting, We Are Not, Why?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by HariLakhera, Feb 21, 2024.

1. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Finest Post Winner

Tongue Amidst Teeth by jayasala42 prompted me to revisit my blog and post it here.

OUR GODS ARE SPORTING BUT WE ARE NOT, WHY (Humor)
    सदा भवानी दाहिनी, सम्मुख रहें गणेश, पंच देव रक्षा करें ब्रह्मा, विष्णु महेश ।
    (Bhavani should always be on the right, Ganesh should be in front, Panch Dev should protect Brahma, Vishnu Mahesh.)
    With this prayer, I am presenting the questions raised by my atheist friends in his own words.

"According to Ramayana and Mahabharata, Ram and Krishna are incarnations of Lord Vishnu and came on earth in human form to save righteousness and destroy unrighteousness.

You may agree or disagree with me, call me misguided, angry, or call me crazy but I believe that the most stupid question is yet to be asked and my question is not the last one if you consider it stupid! So I have to ask so that my doubt can be dispelled!

We have many gods. It seems that everyone is ready to test each other so that they can make themselves feel superior, although not openly. In public, they worship each other, especially Vishnu and Shiva.

For example:-

Lord Shiva is in samadhi and Kamarupa, the god of love, tries to break his samadhi but does not succeed. Shiva opens his third eye and burns Kamarupa to ashes. Kamarupa's wife begs for mercy and Shiva says-

जब जदुबंस क्रिष्ण अवतारा, होइहि हरन महा महिभारा ।

क्रिष्ण तनय होइहि पति तोरा बचन अन्यथा होइ न हमारा।

(When Krishna will take birth in Yadu Vans, His son will be your husband.)

He could have directly fixed a date for the next era so that poor Rati would not have to wait indefinitely as to when Krishna would be incarnated, when He would have a son, etc. But it seems as if they are testing Krishna!

And:-

Ravana asks for a boon from Lord Vishnu-

कर बनती पद गह दससीसा, बोलेउ बचन सुन जगदीशा।
    हम का के मरह न मारे, बानर मनुज जातइ बारे।

(No one can kill me, except monkeys and humans)

Ravana had clearly said that humans and monkeys should not be able to kill him.

But see what happened? Lord Vishnu incarnates in male form and kills Ravana! Did he not enter through the back door? Broke His promise?

See:-

Lord Vishnu tells the Gods

जन डरपहु मुनि सिद्ध सुरेसा, तुहहि लाग धरहउँ नर बेसा।
    (Do not worry, I will incarnate for your sake)

And Lord brahma tell the Gods-

निज लोकह बरंच गे देवह इहइ सखाइ, बानर तनु धर धर मह हर पद सेव जाइ।

(Go and take birth in the form of monkeys and serve the Lord)

Ravana got a boon from Shiva and became victorious. He frightened the gods and Lord Vishnu himself came to destroy the devotee of Lord Shiva. “Who will be testing whom, who is bigger?”

What could I say?

हरि अनंत हरि कथा अनंता, कहहिं सुनहिं बहुविधि सब संता
    (There are so many incarnations of Hari and sage and saints describe Him in as many ways)

Since then I have been thinking that our Gods and Goddesses, saints, and sages sometimes played one game or the other to test each other's strength, but I never had any ill will for each other. On the contrary, they helped each other, and worshiped each other!

And here are we, His creatures, trying to pull each other down, and even killing each other!

malaranandhi and iyerviji like this.