Finest Post Nominations - October 2021

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Rihana, Oct 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@SGBV, thank you for nominating @beautifullife30's response in your thread: Preparing For A Move

It is so nice to read of a positive update on your challenge. Glad that you were able to successfully navigate the tricky conversations. It’s good that you started the thread. We all learned from your post and the responses.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

3. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Thyagarajan, Rihana and iyerviji like this.
  4. Rihana

Thank you Viswa for nominating this response by @nuss Putting The Happy Face

The title of the thread does not give a clue to the content so many who would benefit might miss it. Good you brought it to FP. Dealing with the divorce court trips and paperwork can be tough anywhere. More so, when there are children, and in India with the the generally unhelpful police and society's "patch up, make it work" pressures. @nuss has listed solid steps that OP can take when needed -- keep proof of the continued abuse, utilize the protection that the community at the work place can provide, contact higherups in the city.

Laks09, Viswamitra and Thyagarajan like this.
  5. Rihana

Viji sweetheart, that's another great find. I really appreciate that you are keeping up with nominating the posts and I look forward to seeing them. Thank you.

The snippet Hate Begets Hate by @HariLakhera provides insight on the nastiness and hostility that passes for public discourse.

Well said.

I am reminded of the quote:
    "If you can't intelligently argue for both sides of an issue, you don't understand the issue well enough to argue for either."​

Alas, people argue without even understanding their own side of the issue, leave alone the opposing side.

A crisp snippet by Lakhera ji that elicited meaningful replies from readers.

6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

@Rihana,

I am here to nominate my third post for the month and it is @DDream's response Husband Issues. She talked about every step one should make to draw boundaries when it involves emotional abuse. It is always hard to understand the real situation as we all hear only one side but her suggestions are very good to implement for any married woman.

Laks09, Rihana and Thyagarajan like this.
  7. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Thyagarajan and Rihana like this.
  8. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

HariLakhera, Laks09 and Rihana like this.
  9. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

@Rihana,

I am here for my 4th nomination of the month. It is @beautifullife30's response Dilemma And Issue Within My Life. Primary reason assigned for depression is living in the past memories and what a practical suggestion Beautifullife gave here to overcome that. Living in the present moment is easier said than done. But self-love is a must for feeling life worth living. Labels can be assigned by others and we may also agree to such a label but we need to learn to forgive ourselves to make a life out of the rest of time left for us in this planet.

Laks09, Rihana and Thyagarajan like this.
  10. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite

I would like to second Vijima's nomination of "hate begets hate" by @HariLakhera. It was such a good and thought provoking one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.