Learn how to make easy Karachi Halwa.
- Corn flour – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 1 and 1/2 cups
- Water – 2 and 1/2 cups
- Ghee – 2 Tablespoon
- Cashew nuts – 1/4 cups, chopped finely
- Cardamom powder – a tiny pinch
- Food colour – a small pinch
- In a shallow bowl add cornflour with 1 and 1/2 cups of water and mix it well to avoid lumps.Then add food color and mix well.Keep it aside.
- In a nonstick pan, add 1 cup of water and sugar then allow it to boil until the sugar completely dissolves and become slightly thick. No need to check for any string consistency but make sure the syrup is sticky.
- Keep stove flame at low and add the cornflour mixture slowly and stir it continuously to avoid lumps.It will first start to form glossy texture and gets thicken.
- Once it attain halwa texture add ghee and cardamom powder.
- When it starts to get thicken and leave the sides of the pan add fried cashews and switch off.