Am very very happy to do a guest post in Indusladies for Karwa Chauth festival.
The women enjoy this festival a lot. They break the fast with the first sip of water being given by her huband’s hand and he also feeds them with some sweet.
Today’s recipe is also one such dish they have while they used to break their fast …
Sooji Kheer is a easy and quick recipe which can be made easily with minimal ingredient. Ensure you don’t overroast the sooji. It is delicately flavoured with cardamom powder and garnished with nuts and raisins.
This recipe is a guest post by Farin from Farin’s Fun Flavour
- Rava/ Sooji- ¼ cup
- Sugar- ½ cup
- Milk- 2 cups + ½ cup
- Water-1 cup
- Cashews- 4
- Raisins- 10
- Cardamom powder- ¼ tsp
- Ghee-2 tsp
- Salt- a pinch
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry the cashews till golden brown and keep aside. To the same pan add raisins, once it puffs up remove it . Now add the sooji / Rava to the same pan and roast it until nice aroma comes. Take care not to burnt the sooji.
- In another pan, add 1 cup water and 1 cup milk, once it starts to boil add the roasted sooji and cook it completely in a low flame. Close it with a lid and cook until the sooji gets soft .
- Now add sugar , Mix it well so that no lumps are formed . Now add the remaining 1 cup milk and Cardamom powder and a dash of salt and cook for 4 minutes.
- Finally garnish with cashews and raisins and serve it hot..
Super yummy Sooji Kheer is ready!!!!!
NOTES AND TIPS:
- Take care not to burn the Sooji. Slight roasting of sooji is enough.
- This kheer tends to get thicker once it cools, so adjust milk or water accordingly.
- For Richness use full Fat milk.