Finest Post Winner - October 2021

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Rihana, Nov 1, 2021.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

We often help others. We like helping others. We want to help others. Sociologists have studied what motivates people the world over to assist others. In our own IL universe, sometimes when we read threads, we wish we had a magic wand to wave and make the OP’s troubles go away. Each response shows our desire to help others, even when we have no personal connection with them and do not stand to gain anything tangible. But occasionally, a response comes along that takes your breath away. The clarity, compassion and empathy remind you of humanity’s inherent goodness.

October brought two such posts, both of which offered support and guidance to those facing one of life's most difficult situations: contemplating the end of a marriage. The privilege of announcing the Winners of the Finest Post Award is indescribable:

@BhumiBabe for her response in Husband Drinking Problem And Threatening Divorce After Arguments
    BhumiBabe's own words sum it up best:
    "I am sharing this story, so that you all understand that there is hope and life can be quite beautiful."

@venkiis for his response in What Are The Steps To Take For Divorce
    Venkiis answered OP's questions there point by point, and the result was a detailed list of essential do's and don'ts. This post also featured a male perspective, which is rare in IL.

Thank you for nominating the Winning Posts, @iyerviji and @Laks09. Thank you to everyone who nominated and seconded posts. There would be no FP without your nominations!

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Congrats @BhumiBabe and @venkiis for winning the award

And @Rihana for awesome announcement
    And thanks for choosing my nominated post

BhumiBabe and Rihana like this.
  3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Rihana likes this.
  4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Congrats@BhumiBabe and @venkiis for winning the award

And @Rihana for awesome announcement
    And thanks to @iyerviji for choosing
    nominated the award winningpost.
    Regards.

Rihana and iyerviji like this.
  5. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Rihana likes this.
  6. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Heartiest Congratulations Bhumibabe and venikis!

Rihana and Thyagarajan like this.
  7. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

My heartiest congratulations to @BhumiBabe and @venkiis. Helping other people without expecting anything in return is a great trait that sustained the world for a long time. Those unconditional compassion for others is invaluable and indestructible and brings so much joy not only to those who show this but also for others who watch it.

@Rihana, What a way to announce the winners and your words on this announcement are golden.

8. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations @BhumiBabe for winning finest post award. Your response on that thread really helps someone who is in dilemma of walk away or stay in that dysfunctional marriage. Definitely Your own story gives inspiration to them.

Congratulations @venkiis for wining finest post and your inputs helpful to someone who is in the process of leaving their troubled marriage.

BhumiBabe, Rihana and Cheeniya like this.
  9. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@BhumiBabe - Congratulations on the FP win! I love your quote - There is hope and life can be quite beautiful! I could even use it in my own life. Congratulations for moving forward with hope and sharing the beauty of life. May you have a long and happy life and live on your own terms!

@venkiis - Congratulations on your FP win. When you said for you money can be made again but time with children come first, it put a lot of things in perspective. Even in normal life, I pay attention to things that are easily replaceable and lose out on the most important - precious time with the children.
    After I read your follow up posts on how you did everything right, did your fair share or more around the house and still didn’t get the appreciation, it kind of opened my eyes. My DH also puts in a lot of effort at home after doing a lot at work. I try to be cognizant of that but I’ve put in more of an effort this past month to just let him know how important his contributions around the house are to me. Thank you for sharing your perspectives. I’m glad things are moving in the right direction in your life. I wish you all the very best for your future.

Rihana, stayblessed and Cheeniya like this.
  10. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

Congrats @BhumiBabe and @venkiis . I read both your posts. They were brilliant and compassionate. Well deserved win. Posts like yours are the success of this site. Awesome announcement @Rihana

Rihana likes this.