Finest Post Nominations - May 2024

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Rihana, May 1, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Rihana and Thyagarajan like this.
  2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan Finest Post Winner

Dear sister @iyerviji ,
    You are heading many of us to a feeling of possessing & carrying back the Oscar at the end of month or beginning of following month.
    I thank you sister for finding merit in "till eternity" that qualified for nominating as FP of May,'24.
    God Bless us.

Rihana and iyerviji like this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Welcome. Thanks for the sweet message

4. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Annachi is like am unable to explain ..someone like a bro but respectfully..

Anniyan is a movie ..split
    Personality..one will
    Be romantic,one will be perfect and ethical and one revenge mode :)

but honestly everyone in the world is a closet anniyan..wow now time to make a new thread about this.will do it someday!:D

Rihana likes this.
  5. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Response by @shama146 in Don't Know How To Handle
    Sometimes a living situation becomes untenable but the woman has to continue in it. At such times, the pithy and blunt advice in this post is the only option left. I am on purpose not highlighting any suggestions from that post here because each sentence in it is so important, and they all go together. On first read, it can feel like impractical, but when the situation presents little scope for change, it calls for drastic methods of self-preservation.
    Response by @mangaii in Hoping Mil To Die
    The thread is about a year old but the sane advice in the post still stands true. Problems can be overcome by prayer, seeking therapy and focusing on inner happiness. This comes with setting boundaries and not relying on others for happiness.

Response by @DDream in Major Interference In Marriage
    As is the hallmark of DDream's responses, this one too neatly outlines how the OP there can husband space to handle his matters, how to support without controlling, and when to apologize, and also how to communicate emotional needs while respecting his autonomy.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. Rihana

When I responded in the snippet couple of days ago, I was also hoping someone would nominate it as since March I've been looking for that to get nominated.
    Snippet by @Viswamitra - Gun Culture
    Viswa's writing highlights how deeply embedded gun-related language is in every American vernacular. It makes us reflect on the connection between this linguistic tendence and the prevalence of gun violence. Language shapes and reflects our cultural norms in subtle yet profound ways.
    Snippet by @Viswamitra - Gravitropic Growth
    Analogies are among my favorite literary devices, and Viswa's tree analogy underscores the significance of both outward and inward growth in human development. It urges us to prioritize inner growth, acknowledging that our true strength is forged through unseen struggles and the cultivation of values, relationships, and spiritual well-being.

Thyagarajan and Viswamitra like this.
  7. Rihana

Snippet by the indefatigable, steady and verdant in writing Mr. T @Thyagarajan - Till Eternity

I'll be a bit candid here. Tricky questions, especially posed in front of an audience, aren't my cup of tea. The snippet itself builds anticipation in the reader as the list on the white board shrinks, but its most powerful achievement lies in making people reflect on the question, and the responses it drew. In particular, the response by @iyerviji is stark, elegantly simple and filled with an eternal kind of love.

Thyagarajan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.