Finest Post Nominations - September 2018

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by satchitananda, Aug 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

2. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

kaniths, Amica and shravs3 like this.
  3. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

4. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Satchi and Cheeniya Sir,
    Happy Ganesha Chaturthi!
    @peartree has brought all our emotions to the surface with her eloquent and touching Pandigai Naal...festival Day...normal Day
    I went through it multiple times and every reading made its impact. Peartree has narrated beautifully the yearning for the past, apprehensions about the present and hopes for the future. She has tied it all together beautifully. I don't think I've ever seen her post in snippets before(apologies peartree if I've missed your snippets in the past) but she's rocking her first foray into the forum with perfection!
    I do share the enthusiasm in nominating her post for FP!

Amica likes this.
  5. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello again Satchi and Cheeniya sir,
    Since I'm usually MIA from here and since I'm trying to compensate for my lack of commitment in bringing threads to the FP forum, I decided to outdo myself and bring you two nominations today.

@Shanvy is a very balanced poster. I've run to her online and offline for support and help and she has held my hand through it all. If I am able to contribute to the community, it is because of people like Shanvy who have set the tone for the same by sharing with me when I needed it.

Every now and again, Shanvy will pop in to post something like below and make me do things differently.
    Shanvy was able to put it in three lines what sometimes makes a marriage tick. Sometimes, it's not about who does what but the final outcome! This is so helpful for SAHMs like me who sometimes need to put in the additional elbow grease to make things happen. I've myself felt at times that my DH can be blissfully happy and stay that way watching whatever he watches on TV, unless I make plans for us. Feels like I'm always making plans and he's complying. Nice to get validation from the mentor! She's the best!

I'd like to nominate Shanvy's post Husband-wife Relationship...still Exists??? also for your consideration as FP.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2018
    Cheeniya likes this.
  6. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Amica and satchitananda like this.
  7. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Thanks a lot KrishnaPriya for nominating this really well researched thread. As a rapidly changing society, we face a lot of issues which need to be looked with a fresh perspective and it is heartening to see that the SC has taken the first step in that direction ..... though of course we have miles to go .....

KrishnaPriya3 likes this.
  8. satchitananda

Hi Manisha, this link keeps taking me to the first page of the thread. Could you please give me the link to the specific post you are nominating? Thanks. :)

9. satchitananda

Thanks for nominating this post Geeta. Indeed, Viswa has outdone himself in the way he has handled such a complex topic such consummate ease. A truly inspired piece of work. Am waiting for this year's quota to come out.

10. satchitananda

Thanks so much for this nomination KrishnaPriya. I could feel a lump form in my throat as I felt I am not alone in this world in this situation. Fortunately the narrative changed and it was a relief to read the happy ending of the episode. Indeed, there is no pleasure in doing any rituals or celebrating any festival if there is no combined participation. Festivals are made of human beings and being in it together, otherwise it is just any other normal day.

Dear Sabitha, kkrish, blackbeauty84, shravs3, Laks09, thanks for seconding the nomination. What a resounding response this is! And why shouldn't it be? There is something innately personal about this experience which each of us goes through at some point of time or other.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
    KrishnaPriya3 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.