Finest Post Nominations - July 2018

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Jul 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

ChennaiExpress and shravs3 like this.
  2. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

@Cheeniya Sri sir and @iyerviji Vijima:worship2:
    You are both making me feel good and at the same time humble.
    You both are wise and it is from you both, through your many snippets which give glimpses of the variety of experiences you have gone through, and how you have swum through difficult times, and never succumbed to shallow pleasures, that I have learned many things.

The credit goes to you both.

Thank you both very much for your kind words. As I said sometime somewhere earlier, you have raised the bar for me.

iyerviji and Cheeniya like this.
  3. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

4. Cheeniya

@iyerviji
    My dear Viji

Thank you for your nomination of Viswa to the thread How To Happily Live Alone by @ChennaiExpress
    Reading this sentence, I remember the movie by Walt Disney, Parent Trap,in which the two identical siblings, wonderfully played by Hayley Mills, unite their estranged parents. Likewise the parents too must be concerned with sibling rivalry and initiate steps to correct them.
    This apart, I feel OP's suffering is of a very personal nature. People who have not travelled in that road are hardly equipped to give any suggestion. Once I tried to give some suggestion to a friend of mine who was thrown out by his children for whatever reason and he told me that he understood my good intention in advising him but I, being a member of a loving family, would not understand his problems.
    Years ago a popular Tamil Weekly, Kumudam, ran a feature through which its readers would all pray at a specific time on a Sunday for redress of problems voiced by its readers. It worked well. I think we should have something like that in IL. Our prayers will have greater effects than our advice.
    Sri

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
    ChennaiExpress and iyerviji like this.
  5. Cheeniya

@messedup
    Dear messedup
    Thanks a lot for your nomination of @blackbeaty84 's wonderful story On A Train Journey I have no doubt this story will be a popular one considering that it has received a couple of responses within minutes of it's posting. I envy all story writers. I have never travelled in that route knowing my terrible limitations. I am like the character in a Tamil movie played by a well known comedian who bluffs to his wife that he is a famous novelist and has won an Award. He buys a garland in shop as proof for his being honoured, little expecting that his wife would be in the audience. I don't have to tell you what follows!
    Sri

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
    messedup likes this.
  6. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Many many thanks for your nomination Messedup.

messedup likes this.
  7. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

You are right, Cheeniya Sir. I have expressed my apologies to @ChennaiExpress in her thread. Everyone goes through a very unique experience and providing advice sometimes increases the pain.

Viswa

ChennaiExpress and Cheeniya like this.
  8. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

So beautifully told.

9. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi everybody, back here. CS, thanks so much for handling all this. Now I have a doubly difficult job - coming up to your standards. Am sure I can hear everyone groaning in the background. Will try to do my best. :)

kkrish, iyerviji and shravs3 like this.
  10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

You are nothing less talented Satchi dear. Each one is great in their way. Those who havebeen handling finest forum have been perfect and talented

satchitananda and shravs3 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.