1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Wooden sliders as wall partition

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by srivel, Sep 13, 2011.

1. srivel

srivel New IL'ite

Hi friends,

Have a query;

Wanted to separate the bedroom from living room using wooden slider or foldable door.
    Howmuch it would cost roughly for 6 by b inch.
    did anyone used wooden sliders and pros and cons of it.

Will it cut down the cost of having a wall or making a wall will be an economical option

Thanks

2. LoukyaDevi

LoukyaDevi Silver IL'ite

Hi Srivel,

The only advantage I see in using a wooden slider is that you can remove it when you want to have a spacious room (during occassions, pooja etc....). You can also fix it when your done.

We are also planning to fix such in our new flat (still under construction).

Will definitely post the cost once known. Meanwhile, let us see if anyone would reply with the actual costs.

3. srivel

srivel New IL'ite

Thanks Loukya

I want to goforit as the little one will have more space to run around and ican avoid another tv in bedroom/watch tv from bedroom.

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

You have a option of going for frosted or painted glass partioned with a door/ or wooden sliders ...these are cost effective.
    the glass could work out cheaper/costlier depending on the thickness and the work on the glass..or wood.. you can actually even give a depth to the wood so that you can keep some knickknacks and make it appear like it flows with the room and not a divider.

you also get readymade dividers google for room dividers/partitions, but i guess that may not work out for you if you want to restrict your kiddo.

Wood works cheaper than wall construction.