1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

WLC (Weight Loss Challenge) preparation and discussion.

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by shivachoubey, Nov 13, 2010.

1. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Libra,

Dont feel low. Something is better than nothing. You have to follow the diet and exercise for atleast 2 weeks religiously to get the hang of it. You have to work hard equally to see BIG results. Minimum exercise and max weight loss cannot happen dear. Read some obesity related articles to motivate you further. I call this reverse approach.

Nobody wants to hit that weight range which will cause health problems. So get started before you reach that range. It is better to eat healthy low calorie food (thanks to Shiva's yummy recipes) than to eat some pills later on. CHOICE IS YOURS.

Age is not a hindrance in weight loss. Read success stories on the net and you will know. I have tried 'n' ways of losing weight and have seen all sorts of people in my life trying to lose weight. So, you know the answer now.

Positive approach is very important in weight loss. You need to be determined and enjoying what you are doing which will show results.
    Good luck.

2. libra4164

libra4164 Silver IL'ite

Dear Pman16,
    I have your success story by heart. You and Shiva are our inspiration. thanks for taking the time and replying to me.
    Dear I am already on acidity pills(prescribed) as well as leg prob.The minute I enter my doc.office he has only one advise for me.....Loose weight:rant
    Now that I am commited to this challenge I am desperate for results.

3. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Dear Libra,

Pman has given a very good answer to you.

We feel low and bad when we try to do lot of things and then fail. Its best to start small and slow and achieve big. SO do one thing but do it with all your heart.

For example, if walking on treadmill for half an hour is a problem, divide the exercise in 10 minutes slots. Start by, walkin 10 minutes before your breakfast, 10 minutes before lunch, 10 minutes in evening and 10 minutes before dinner. The moment you brake down the time slot you will end up doing more. Once you get used to this you should aim at increasing the time period of one slot. The trick is in consistency. So if you are doing it for one day then you are on break for couple of days nothing will happen. Just like the medicine that you take for your health, opt to walk for your health.

You can also combine treadmill and walking outside. This will give you variation.

Age has nothing to do with weight loss. Its in our mind.

There are days when you will be low, nothing can be done about that. But if you are low because of your weight then start taking small steps towards weight loss. Start by eating healthy and walking everyday. Look at the positive side you are not giving up eating anything.

Choice is always in our hand. To be old and in poor health when doctors ban our favorite food OR to be old and in good health and eat our favorite food in small quantities.

Commit yourself for a month and see the difference :).

Have a great day ahead.

regards

4. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Libra,

During my recent visit to India, I pulled my mom to join with me for dinner with my diet recipes just for fun. As typical south indian rice eaters, my mom hesitated initially but later joined me. She has knee pain and takes pills to reduce the pain but one good thing is rain or shine, she never misses her morning walk. After 2 weeks of eating light with me, she reduced 2 kilos. She is 63 yrs old. So, I too believed that weight loss can happen irrespective of age.

Remember the3 Cs of weight loss - continuity commitment and consistency and you will see results.

5. libra4164

libra4164 Silver IL'ite

Dear Shiva,
    Thank you so much for your kind words and sound advise. 10 minutes at a time, 4 times a day sounds doable. You have been my strenght when I needed it the most. Trust me whenever I am walking I run upstairs to check my weight so that I can inform you about my weight loss.
    Today was my dull day but you perked me up. Thank you once again.
    I am not giving up this time!!!

6. libra4164

libra4164 Silver IL'ite

Dear Pman,
    I will never forget the three C's. What I am bad at is continuity. But this time I am not giving up. Thank you for giving your mom's example. Now I know age cannot be an issue. When I read your work out plans I skip a few lines coz What you are trying to achieve is unimaginable for me. May God give you the strenght to fulfil your dreams. Thanks once again for all your help.