1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

WLC (Weight Loss Challenge) preparation and discussion.

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by shivachoubey, Nov 13, 2010.

1. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Hello friends
    So good to see the excitement and enthusiasm. Thats the way everyone!

My story - 12 Nov started my coughs, nearly lost my voice towards the night and of course Saturday and Sunday and even right now...I have been doing nothing but coughing with blocked nose, severe congestion , aches and pains, and throbbing head! This is not to gain anybody's sympathy. I want to be in this challenge because I need to get back into this routine. I will update my daily routines on the other thread Shiva has started.

At this point I am not sure if I am looking forward to weight loss of 500gms as I need to get well asap. But I want to use this to kick start some discipline in me (and my hubby).

What I would like to focus on this week:
    * To increase the number of glasses of water I drink.
    * Have not been exercising at all, so to squeeze in 30 mins walk everyday.

I hope to pick up some tips from all of you during our 1 week challenge.

2. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Shiva,

As 15th starts for us tomorrow (in US) I thought I will be on track but today i.e 14th due to some stress I ended up eating rice for dinner.Anyways, to compensate I walked 1 mile of Leslie sansone after 2 hrs of dinner and feeling good.

As a part of the preparation for WLC week today I was on a veggie cutting spree :) It took 2 hrs almost to cut and store the veggies in ziplocks for the entire week, My menu is set which is different from my family members. Im now more comfortable in cooking seperately for myself bcos of my focus on WL.

My menu is set, planning to attend gym on alternate days and plan to do weights at home every day to target my abs.

Good luck to others.

3. winner

winner New IL'ite

hi pman..

what weight you do at home for your abs... that's a nice idea of cutting and storing veggies in ziplock for a week... let me also try it... i dont have any abs machine in my gym... but does rowing machine helps for abs...

4. sumshru

sumshru New IL'ite

HI All,

I have blanched french beans and carrots and have freezed them. I shall make soup out of it everyday. I have also stocked variety of soups powders, what i do is, i take handful of blanched veggies and add water to it and a pinch of soup powder to give it a nice flavour. it takes less that to make the soup this way.

Also, I have got leafy veggies, cleaned then up and stored in the freeze. I shall take one packet everyday.

Best regards,

5. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Hi winner,

Yes,rowing machine helps for abs. For toning abs at home, all I do is bend and lift the 2lbs weights with my legs while tucking my tummy in.

I try to tuck my tummy (holding it tight instead of leaving it loose) all the time and hope to see some difference.

Keeping pre-cut veggies in ziplocks ensures healthy eating and I enter the kitchen with a smile else with my 2 kids busy school schedules I would go mad.:drowning

6. sumshru

sumshru New IL'ite

Dear Shiva,
    I had sent it he the id given in fatchickgoesslim id. had posted from my gmail account. Please count me as a volunteer for sure.

Regards,

7. Perfectionist

Perfectionist Senior IL'ite

Hey shiva...

I dont know what to do to give my mail id.

But I want to help you......:)

So please suggest the path ahead..

8. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Shiva dear,Thanks for opening this thread at the right time.Eid holidays have started and I hope I do not start stuffing myself. I am joining this challenge here.One thing I am going to change in my routine is my "extra large dinner".I will try to make it less.

I will start my walking and try to do some crunches.Will let you know the results by the end of EID holidays.

9. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pman,

Wow, what preparations. Good going girl.

Dear Shumshru,

Will let you know the details in the challenge thread itself. Just a small correction, there is no k in the fatchicgoesslim. You can always do a google search on it.

Dear Perfectionist,

As the response for the challenge was great volunteers were required. Vannu, pitched in by making the excel sheet. As now many members want to help, I am thinking of starting a challenge and appointing a volunteer. The volunteer is responsible for encouraging the challengers and to keep the update. I will let you know on the weight loss thread and if you are interested you can take over a challenge as a volunteer. Thanks for offering help dear, it means a lot to me.

Have a great day ahead.

regards

10. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Shiva,

Today was complete disaster !

My DD is quite sick with a high temperature and stomach upset. My sleep has gone for a toss as the fever has chosen the time of night to hit hard at her. Could not make proper b reakfast too. Had thin dosas without oil. Lunch was rava idli brought from outside :( Sorry dear could not help.

Hopefully planing to go for a walk in the night depending on her condition....

What am I to do now?