1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

WLC- Increase Metabolism - 29th nov to 5th dec.

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Perfectionist, Nov 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Shiva,
    thank you for compliment, i shall be very happy to share all my experitse here for all the beginners who would like to take up weight training.
    First is do a warm up of 15 mins at least like jogging or brisk walking on the treadmill or own its on.
    will post everything later.
    love
    alpa:cheers

2. Durgapriye

Durgapriye Senior IL'ite

Hi Pooja ,
    I am interested dear, but I am going out of station every fortnight hopew I will somehow manage to keep your deadlines..........Add me to ur list:thumbsup

PS: I am not able to follow youtube as they dont have subtitles will you please list donts that should be followed.........I got lot of belly post operation I want to reduce I went to gym but he just wasnt listening to my pain in tummy which was very severe my doc told me to go easy take up walking n other excercise thats not harsh on tummy will you please guide me I want to reduce wt.....I am wghg 82kg ooops.....

Last edited: Nov 24, 2010
  3. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Shivani,
    since you are suffering from thyriod of putting on weight then include a lot of fibre and drink at least 8 glasses of water also ask your doctor if you cna have cabbage as cabbage helps to reduce weight, include protiens as well and due to lower metablolism iwouldsuggest that you start brisk walking everyday at least for 20 mins then increase by another 10mins the week after, then slowly start doing exercises to increase your metabolism, have green tea everyday this will increase your metabolism, i had afriend who suffered from hypo thyroid she used to do aerobics 3 times a week have medication on time everyday and she lost a lot of weight in a years time.
    Also try to be stress free be more positive and by having this atitude you will be able to see a chane in your weight.
    love

4. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Hi durga,
    for the tummy i would suggest tthat trywalkingat least 5km a day make it brisk walking in 3 weeks time you shall see a difference in your tummy, also have more protien intake and make your dinner light if possible, include more fruits and fibre vegetables in your diet. Also go to gym where by before you join you cna talk to a trainer and explain your problem and he can help youwith simple tummy exercises, but start with simple brisk walking and change your diet a bit.
    love

5. Perfectionist

Perfectionist Senior IL'ite

Hi shivani,

Obviously we all are in this challange together. I am also on line of getting my thyroid so for me also it is necessary to now start taking care of me.

Lets start it with bang . Let us have some lean muscules for our body it will help us a lot in future buddy.

Love,

6. Perfectionist

Perfectionist Senior IL'ite

Hi Durgapriye,

You are in. You have got advice from our fitness expert -ALPA. so I dont think so you need to worry. I will give my example when i was 77kg i started my weight loss journey. Right now I am at 67 kg. For this 10 kg I was only depended on walking and diet. No gym as I didnt have enough time. Now it is getting really difficult for me to shift weight so going to change some exercise and going to start my weight lifting.

For your tummy , when you will loose weight you will automatically loose from every area. So till you dont feel ok with your strength training try to do walking and other exercise with change in diet and you will start noticing difference. As you will do exercise your body strenth also will increse. And may be after that you can try weight training.

So start with this..We are all here to cheer each other...

SO will wait for you dear....

7. shivanithakur

shivanithakur Silver IL'ite

Dear Alpha,

Thanks for your advise. I really appreciate that you also reply to each one as Shiva does. Thanks a lot. I will do as per your advise.

Best Regards/ Shivani

8. supreep

supreep Gold IL'ite

Hi Perfectionist,

Please count me in :)

9. Durgapriye

Durgapriye Senior IL'ite

Hi Alpa,
    Thanks a lot for valuable input I too am hypothyroid patient.......I will start with walking:thumbsup

Hi Perfectionist ,
    I too belong to your group of Thyroid patients thanks for encouragement..............:cheers

Last edited: Nov 25, 2010
  10. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear DurgaPriya and Perfectionist,
    For thyroid i would really suggest that you go to a clinical nutritionist and get some advice on what to eat and what not, my younger sis suffers from Hyper thyroid whereby she lost a lot of weight and became underweight, we had a sound advice from a nutrionist and now her thyroid is normal and she does exercise with as well we both do training together.
    So get some advice on what to eat and what not to eat, if you are given a go ahead to have cabbage then i would stronglt suggest that you have cabbage everyday as cabbage helps you to loose weight.
    love

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.