1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Window curtains

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by Tulasi, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Tulasi

Tulasi Silver IL'ite

Hi Freinds,

I want to know if any body knows the places in bangalore to buy good window curtains. I want to buy when I visit bangalore next time..any suggestions please let me know

Thanks advance

2. sunikris

sunikris Bronze IL'ite

Hi Tulasi,
    Try Bombay Dyeing,
    They have good collection in reasonable prices..like 60 to 100rs per mt,

Wishes,
    Suneeta

3. chitrajan

chitrajan Bronze IL'ite

Hi Tulasi,

First thing is that i would advise you to take the measurements of the curtains you require at your place before going to Bangalore.

If you are looking for readymade cotton curtains, then you can find them at safina plaza - always a sale is going on /commercial street and the parallel road to it - and at 11th cross malleswaram also

4. vijiputhucode

vijiputhucode Silver IL'ite

There Is One Good Shop In Dispensary Raad, Cantonment. It Is Parallel To Commercial Street And Housed In The Building Of Dhanalakshmi Bank. The Shops Name Is Home Collections. The Prop Name Is Phillips. He Stocks All Varieties Of Curtains Which Includes Cotton, Silk And Like Materials. Bye Happy Shopping And Let Me Know Your Views On Ur Visit There

5. arshi1611

arshi1611 New IL'ite

Hi Tulasi !
    There are lots of places where you can buy good curtains but you'll have to be specific as to what kind of curtains u want... if you want readymade cotton curtains then there are lots of shops at commercial street where u can purchase them and they are not even expensive.They are casual ones which is very convenient to put and very common these days as u can just bring them and button them up on the curtain rod. If you want to buy the expensive one's say for living rooms etc where u'll have to get it stiched then you should check out a store called "Skippers". they sell really nice fabrics in both curtains as well as for sofa. They have beautiful designs. Although expensive but worth it. My mom got her curtains from there only and they look super. So check it out.
    Hope you like it too.Its near Commercial street ... hmm i forget the street name but its on the road where naga theatre was on.. just before you turned towards commercial... let me see i'll ask the name and tell you ok...
    bye:wave

6. Tulasi

Tulasi Silver IL'ite

Hi Friends,
    Thank you all for the info.. I am looking for decorative curtains with valences
    actually i bought some from jcpenny but not happy they are not that decorative..so may be i should select and make them stiched..

7. sihi

sihi Senior IL'ite

Hi Tulasi,

I too got the curtains for my home stitched from Bangalore. There is one shop on Commercial street called Innovations. They have very good fabric selections, but they are expensive. I got living room curtains from them. For bedrooms and Family room I got it from another shop on a side road on MGRoad. Unfortunately, I don't remember the name of this side road or the shop, but this road has the KSIC showroom and also has the Nagarjuna resturant. The curtain shop (I think the name is Jamal's) is right next to KSIC showroom. Both shops have stitched my curtains well. Only important thing is, take your measurements correctly.
    Another thing I did was to take the JCPenney catalog to them and show them how the rods will be here and also the styles I liked from here and both shops did a good job in stitching according to my requirement, specific to the rods styles here.

-Sihi

8. vmur

vmur Silver IL'ite

Dear Tulasi,

I got all my windows furnished for my new home with curtains stiched from Bangalore. Like Sihi mentioned, "Innovations" is good but very expensive. If you are near BTM Layout or Jayanagar, go to "Drapery View" on Bannerghatta Road opp. Jayadeva Hospital. I went to Innovations, got an idea of the colors and designs , and then went to Drapery View and got the same material and design for half the price. Almost every nook and corner of Bangalore have furnishing shops, so you can get them almost in every locality.

Curtain rods are best gotten from JCPenny or Target, because they are made to fit the American window style. Let me know if you need more ideas, I can send you some pictures of my curtains and you can get an idea as to what to look for.

Regards
    Vidya

9. Tulasi

Tulasi Silver IL'ite

Vidya & Sihi
    Thank you soo much for the details. actully my place in b'lore is close to peenya(near hmt) close to malleswaram...if you know any good places there please let me know.. also i want ask you how much would it cost for a
    12 * 7 ft (including curtains, valence & shears) & how long will they take to stich and do we need select each thing seperatly or will they have like a set...
    Vidya, If you can show the images your cutrains will really appreciate(only if it is not to much work for you)

10. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear tulasi,
    yamini boutique in gangadharachetty lane adjuscent to ulsoor lake, has sales most often, u get a very good width and sometime readymade stitched are available now, for long and broad windows, u can try there, the shades are also great if u go during the sales u get some discount otherwise they are a little expensive but last well, if u look at the quality level it is very good investment, because the entire bangalore is having, all ready made curtains of various sizes available but after a few wash tend to fade away due to the strong sunlight. u may try ur luck next time when the sales are on....regards sunkan