1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Will microwave placed too close to gas /induction stove cause problems?

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by iswaryadevi, Nov 29, 2013.

1. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

OK, So I already have an induction stove and a microwave. Mine is already a small kitchen, and I have been managing to cook in this setup. Now, I have bought a gas stove. I have placed microwave at the far end of the kitchen as its the most rarely used one. I have placed the induction stove a lil away from my microwave and gas stove at the other end. Now, is this setup OK? I am a lil skeptical about the arrangement, I dont want any electronic mishap to happen in my kitchen. Hope someone can clear my doubts if this could arrangement could lead to any potential problem?

Thanks! :)

2. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi IswaryaDevi,
    During the design stages of my home, Interior Designer had told a minimum of 4inches is required between Gas Stove and Microwave. And when the microwave guy came for demo he said not to use any other plugs in kitchen while microwave is in use. So while baking/microwave I do not operate other electrical appliances in kitchen.He also suggested while microwave is working its better to have good air circulation on all the 5sides.

3 people like this.
  3. iswaryadevi

Thanks amihere for the reply! :) Normally I dont use any other appliances while using MW, so it should not be a problem. I shall take care of your other pointers. Any idea regarding usage of induction stove? Hope there should not be any problem using induction and gas stove at the same time right, with the hybrid models (gas and induction combined) and all??

4. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi,
    I dont have an induction stove so am not sure on that. But my friends do use induction and gas stove together at times.

2 people like this.
  5. iswaryadevi

Thank you sooo much for clarifying! :)

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

The only thing you should be worried is about the earth. as long as the earth is in the right place and you use a 15amps plug in a real 15 amps switch it is safe. for safety of tripping or triggering a over load it is always adviced not to use a heavy load appliance along with other appliances. most of the planning for electrical wiring is done based on what you are going to use..and is split accordingly. but sometimes a little careless goes to give you that issue.

using induction and gas together is not an issue as long as you can keep eye on both. the problem happens only when you have both running and you tend to overlook one..

I use the mw, and a 4 burner hob. so induction is only when i feel i need to cook for a lot of people, mainly oily items or spicy items and i need the fan running instead of just chimney. induction comes in very handy then...

My hob and mw are around 2ft distance from each other.

2 people like this.
  7. iswaryadevi

Thank you so much Shanvy! When I created this thread, I was really looking out for your reply. Its clear now. Earth is properly done in our house, so I guess it should not be any problem. Thanks again! :)

1 person likes this.
  8. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

Looks like someone is getting acquainted with things in the kitchen!

1 person likes this.