1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

weight loss tips

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Anandchitra, Jun 14, 2007.

1. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

AC,
    Don't worry about weight loss. Keep doing what ever you are doing.
    Follow other's instruction.

Regards.

2. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Hi AC,
    I am not a very good candidate to write in this post.......I am basically thin all over the trunk (just above my little tummy who used to show up every time I eat something in plenty)....still I am 3-4 pounds overweight.......did the GM diet (to give moral support to hubby as he was on diet a year ago.......he did lost 3 kgs in one week......but I was all the same as I was not following that diet sincerely)...
    So, if you have the diet plan, please do follow it sincerely.......certainly u will loose weight.
    Otherwise.....take only salads (a bowlfull of lettuce/cucumber/carrot/aspargus) in place of your regular launch........around evening take a bowl of soup......any flavour of your choice, we used Knor soup and it has just 90 Cal per serving.....so, you can have two bowls of soup every day......
    Decrease your salt intake (1500mg-2000 mg is recommended per day), but please make it even low. The salt used to retain more water in your body and sometimes shows higher scale....
    Avoid taking empty calories in any form like brownies/pastries etc........even high salt snacks are bad like Pritzels.....
    Rather try to take plain crackers (without any toppings of cheese) in between when you feel hungry.......it will help you reduce your hunger.........
    I have written, what we follow at home......(except, I take my launch and the salad is in in dinner along with some veggies with a spoon of rice/2 rotis).......
    regards.

3. bagi ramesh

bagi ramesh New IL'ite

hello!
    I have read somewhere,oats is good and effective for weight loss.We can have it as porridge.It is ideal for breakfast.

4. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

AC Sweets,

Drop the worry of weight. As far as you can carry out your work independently, eat and be happy.

Since the weight is worrying you and I cannot see my friend worried, I want to give you some tips, which I also do not follow rigidly as I am a foodie!

More of salads and fruits, avoid rice to the maximum.
    Eat Brown bread.

Avoid White Flour (Maida), Coconut and deep fried items.

Stop eating munchings, instead opt for fruits and green salads, sprouted dals and lots of curd.

Intake of liquid is a must. Drink skimmed milk every day. Also have more of juice (sans sugar).

Have warm water mixed with honey and lime early in the morning.

These are the basic tips. Being Southy, avoiding rice and coconut is difficult. Isn't it! Atleast for me.

Go for your walks everyday.

5. kanaka

kanaka Bronze IL'ite

Dear Anadchitra,

Apart from diet age also counts. There are some who maintain the figure and charm.

I understand a glass of water before the meals reduces the intake. See walk atleast an hour or so. Reduces the fat, Drink warm water early morning before anything. Helps in gas expulsion.
    Intake of vegetable juice slims a person but gives you good appetite. Naturopathy is the best for trimming the physique and diet at fixed times in reasonable quantity is the best solution.

I don't munch anything in between meals. As such i ahve craving for rice and sambar. I have cit down my rice consumption and prepare sambar only once a week.
    Curb your anxities if you have any. Enna poruma? kanaka

6. PoorniDaya

PoorniDaya Senior IL'ite

Dear Mrs. Chitra,

Try drinking warm water instead of plain water after food or any fatty food.. Water hot enought like a hot cuppa coffee or tea. This will really help in the long run. You will have visible results in a month.

Poornima

7. sandhyarani

sandhyarani New IL'ite

Hi F'end's

I Am Sandhya , i hv joined newly for this, i am planing to loss weight , i want to loss 40lb,i hv read all tips for diet, And every one knows to take 3 liters of water but dont know wen to take....,

so wat i say here is..., as u getup in mrng 2 glass, before 45 mins of ur Break fast 2 glass of water , again at 11:30 2 glass of water with lite snack, then again 2 glass of water before 45 mins of ur lunch, again 2 glass of water at 4:30 with lite snacks ,and again before 45 mins ur dinner, totally u hv taken 12 glass of water , which is equally to 3 liters ..., wat u say my f'ends....,

8. gsaikripa

gsaikripa Gold IL'ite

Hai chitra akka,
    After a long time...how are you?

Drink atleast 1/2 lit of water in empty stomach in the early morning.
    Drinking water regularly in every time. pls go for good briskwalking&avoid fried items like potato chips&pizza et.

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear AC,

Have u heard this saying

Better be fat and fit,
    Than be thin and sick :biglaugh

Why cantt we donate fat from our body, to those thin models, just as we donate blood and money ?i am ready to give away 20 kgs of fat.HAHA

Regards

kamal

10. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear Anandchitra,
    The fundamental principle for weight loss is output of calories should be greater than input.Eat 5/6 times small portions than 2/3 large meals.2.Avoid carbonated drinks,chocolates and junk food.3.Eat green salads and germinated gram followed by a glass of water before meals.4.Fried items are a big NO.5.Burn the calories by exercise,walking,skipping,treadmill or cycling ,whichever is convenient to you.Regularity and discipline are essential if you are serious about weight loss.It is easier to gain weight than shedding it.I come across middle aged ladies with back pain and pain in the knee joints as they have put on more weight than what their bodies are designed to carry.
    All the best and with regards
    LAKSHIMINARAYANAN

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2009