1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

weight loss tips

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Anandchitra, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Hello
    I am trying to lose weight but not successful at all.
    if i eat less i'm hungry later and then overeat or else i'm tempted with what others are eating and then there goes the diet
    has anyone else been successful and any tips?
    thanks in advance
    chitra:idontgetit:

18 people like this.

2. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

hi Chitra,
    its really big problem to control food but i would like to advice please dont keep urself hungry.. ok seriously telling now u eat first less calory food and then go for other item which u like most then u will eat them less. another thing control a bit to ur mind when u see anything tempting u check what u have eaten earlier if it can adjust with that then go ahead otherwise u think that this is mine only at last i am going to eat and keep that safely and when it is better to have that, have it. but one thing keep in mind normal veg food takes 4hrs to digest and non veg i think 24hrs so maintain ur food habit according to this activity in mind.

bye
    padma

2 people like this.
  3. Aniyaa

Aniyaa New IL'ite

Hi ,

Drink atleast 3 liters of water in a day , without fail. :-D

Drinking water regularly , over a period of time , will increase your metabolism rate , this will help u reduce weight. :2thumbsup:

Aniya

4. SubhaD

SubhaD New IL'ite

Hello Chitra
    Try drinking 2 glasses of water about 5 mins before your meal. It'll definitely lessen your appetite.
    Avoid snacks - a surefire way to put on weight!
    If you are hungry in- between meals, eat a carrot, cucumber or fruit. This will give you a 'tummy-full' feeling. and, healthy, too.
    Regards,
    SubhaD

5. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

thank you ladies
    very kind of you to take the time
    I am going to slowly try and change some habits also I can see this also involves a lot of time and planning.
    thanks again
    chitra anand

1 person likes this.
  6. ilagandhi

ilagandhi New IL'ite

Chitra,

You are not alone in the battle of the budge. Many of us, including myself is in the same place. I have read every diet book, gone on every diet program to loose weight and all my life I have lost and gained, lost and gained.

I now try very hard to eat heatlhy and not look at the scale every week and I find the pressure of not being on a diet helps me.

Keep talking and share with us your moments of succes. If we hold each other accountable, help each other when we need it most, we will all win together.

Continue to share and let us know how you fair. We can all learn.

1 person likes this.
  7. indialife

indialife Senior IL'ite

I read that if u walk atleast 10000 steps everyday there r chances that u loose weight. I got a pedometer and i am going to try it out.

8. sreejag

sreejag Bronze IL'ite

hi chitra,
    take lots of water, eat atleast 2 to3 fruits and 1 to 2 veggies everyday, reducing your carbs quantity, it will help you in a healthy way of losing weight :)

regards,
    sreelata.s

9. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

AC,

Worry too much about the weight loss----this will reduce the intake of food less,,,,just kidding...

As already discussed drink plenty of water and make it as a point that you drink a cup of water before any meal.

Don't buy any junk snacks..if it is in stock, you are tempted otherwise..no way...

If you are hungry after the meals ( I am on the same boat as you are), i drink water, going to the side of healthy snacks is still an oasis to me....during those hungry times..

sriniketan

Last edited: Mar 31, 2008
  10. Grace3

Grace3 Silver IL'ite

Dear Anandchithra,

Just few pointers from personal experience 'cos I too am overweight and have gone thro' the grind -- still it is the foremost thought on my mind ,Witsend all the time !! Even when meeting up / speaking to friends and they say some silly problem of theirs I feel like telling them " So what, relax yaar ; you anyway look slim " bonk like as though looking slim and good is all that is important in the world !! I was so obsessed then 'cos I was not neglecting my health -- I was walking, eating right , still nothing remarkable is happening !! My other friends used to say " Your body type is like that " --- :bang that used to irritate me more.

But nowadays, I just don't care about it --- and believe me I think that is the first step to weight loss !! Yes, people comment that I'm losing weight, my clothes are feeling looser and it is not much of a struggle nowadays -- because I'm not mentally obsessed with it !! So my main point to you is , keep doing your exercises, eating the right choice of foods and don't think too much of it. If you're too anxious about the next meal, whether you need to eat it etc. then already your mind is stressed out & your metabolism hits a brake ! So keep your mind otherwise occupied .

Next chew each mouthful twenty times then swallow --- first I thought what nonsense,I anyway chew . But when you count each mouthful 20 times, you feel fuller faster & cannot go for another helping -- I guarantee you. You get tired of counting anyway ....:wink:

Plus if you do give in to temptation and have a piece of cake or a bag of chips just enjoy it, and don't let the guilt invade your mind. Just like making a U-turn , make a U-turn in your habit and let go & proceed with the rest of your routine.

Another tip that worked great for me was writing down all that you consume including the time and amount & showing it to a caring friend / spouse will dramatically improve your focus and determination . :thumbsupAlso you can be more sincere 'cos you wouldn't want to eat in hiding & not write it down -- you would want to be more honest , so automatically the amount of the calorie rich forbidden foods you may desire will be cut down. Like if you feel like eating 4 burfis, you would just eat 1 as you have to write down your intake & someone is going to read & comment on it ...

Apart from this and what other friends have suggested, if I recollect any other tips I will certainly post here.
    All the best !!

Last edited: Apr 1, 2008