1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Weight Loss team - To shed weight permanently

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Aabhi, Oct 30, 2007.

1. shravanthika

shravanthika Senior IL'ite

Varloo,
    Eagerly waiting to hear from you reg..exercise and diet plan...but praying that you should not say limit your carbs...
    I'm a big fan of RICE RICE RICE...

Lets wait and see what her dietician says...

I once went to a dietician here and she told me to limit my carbs .... calories no more than 1300 calories a day..I never turned up to her after that and was very much frustrated... the very first thing that comesto my mind is...whenever any one says dieting..U SHOULD NOT EAT RICE ...:idontgetit:which I cant do for sure cos I get migranies and mood swings if i dont eat rice....

I took up exercise routines without altering my diet but it didnt work out for me...

I now know that the only solution for me is dieting and exercise combined together..but very hard for me to follow...

Thats why I'm staying away from this grp...Sorry...:notthatway:

Ilites...those who have been successful throw in your tips....

2. sudha65

sudha65 Bronze IL'ite

Hi everybody,

I'd like to join up too.....

I'm 5' 1" and weigh 56. Target weight is 47....which means I'd like to loose 9kgs.

Have been trying to loose weight since the beginning of this year and have manages to loose just 1kg (57 to 56). Am hoping joining this group will motivate me to keep to my diet and exercise.

All the best to everybody.

Sudha

3. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Hi my dear abhi and friends

I dont have any target...........

Even i would like to say few things about me.....

As u already know (hope so) about me My height is 5'2 and weight was 87 (now 86) ya i have reduced 1kg in this 10 days.....i didnt took any special efforts but started doing my regular routines..........( always it will reduce initially like this only iam used to it, even after a qweek i may put that one kg or it will remain the same for even a year)

Morning 45mts - Playing shuttlecock
    2hrs in Gym
    5kms walking atleast 3 days a week in the evening

Diet - konjam kuda control kidayadhu......i will eat whatever i feel and till i feel full.......really.....

But now people saying me that i look little bit slim than before.........they say KONJAM MELINCHIRUEKY..........

Let me continue this and see...........

One thing i assure u people, if u follow diet continuously, defintely ur weight will reduce ............PLS PLS DONT FOLLOW FASTTRACK DIET...........u cant do it for longtime...............DONT AVOID EATING ANYTHING INSTEAD HAVE LITTLE....

Plan for One day without salt, oneday without oil,one day without rice,oneday raw food,..............

MY HEARTIEST WISHES TO ALL OF U........

latamurali..

4. vanmug

vanmug New IL'ite

Hi all!

My first week went on quite well in all other aspects except the exercise part, I couldnt make it to the gym because I had a rather tight schedule at my lab. But for three days I did some yoga both morning and evening for 30 min and the rest of the days I could do it only in the evening for abt 30 min. The exercise part was in a way compensated by taking only stairs at my work place never using the elevator at all.

Regarding diet, I did'nt forego anything but had a portion control and took everything in small intervals instead of having a big meal.
    As usual my green tea and lemon, cinnamon honey things are being continued.

Will post you back next week. Hoping to do the exercise part this week without fail.

cheers
    Pranuthi

5. Tulasi

Tulasi Silver IL'ite

Hi all wlt friends,
    Hope you had Great Deepavali! coming to our weekly update..I would say mine went very well in excericising and drinking water.. food also I controlled a lot at home eating only health food..but what killed me is get to gathers..which we can't avoid..their also i made point to choose what i eat..other wise went well as i planned..Hope to hear from all of your updates..
    Tulasi

6. Tulasi

Tulasi Silver IL'ite

Take it Off, and Keep it Off <CITE>Posted Thu, Nov 08, 2007, 12:20 pm PST </CITE>

<!-- -->85% of users found this article helpful.
    Post a Comment View All 133 Comments
    I hear so many tales about how people have lost weight and kept it off. One story that I found interesting tells of an active 5'6", 210-pound, 33-year-old woman. For me what I found so intriguing about her story was the fact that she did workout regularly, but somehow was continuing to gain weight.
    She figured that her entire family was built on the larger side, so that was just her destiny. I'll give it to you that genetics does play a big part in the weight game, but I would hate for any of you to think that you can't improve your reality, or set and reach particular health and weight goals.
    Now, I am 6'3" and weigh about 170 pounds, and I have long faced the reality that I am not built to be a size 2, 4, or 6 for that matter. With my build and bones, when I'm small I'm about an 8. If I'm lifting more and eating more calories, I can float up to about a size 12. Normally my weight variance is 2 to 3 pounds.
    My point is that before you set goals, know who you are. I think at times people set themselves up by wanting something that is not a reflection of who they are or what reality they live in. The number one thing to remember before trying to jump into a lifestyle change is jumping into a lifestyle that you can live with.
    OK, back to my story. How did this women lose the 54 pounds that she has now kept off for 5 years?
    1. For starters she kept the foods out of her house that she didn't want to eat. When you go buy groceries leave the junk at the store. I find it very helpful to not shop while you are starving or depressed (I know the later may not be as controllable). However, if your partner just broke up with you, or you just got fired, maybe it's not a great idea to go food shopping right at that moment.

Where you can, sub in a better choice (i.e. water for soda, vinegar dressing for creamy, salad with protein for a big fat sub). Oh, and if you are eating something you really enjoy, and consider it a cheat, cut your portion in half. In other words it's not about not eating, it's about controlling the amount. Go for the fries and hamburger, then cut the portion in half. Grabbing some chocolate? Grab less.
    2. Find some way of moving that you actually enjoy. Let's face it a lot of people don't enjoy exercising, but moving our bodies is a key component to losing or maintaining weight. The only way to make this a consistent part of your life is if you actually don't view exercise time as torture. Take a class (spinning, yoga, kick boxing, hip hop), walk, jog, do pilates, lift or swim, etc. Find some form of cardio and weight training that you can do at least twice a week, each.

There is no way around exercising, and to be honest if you find something you enjoy you will feel invigorated by exercise, and have an increase in energy to deal with everything else going on in your life.
    3. Minimize your stress, and get some good rest. Life is hectic, but it's key to try and keep stress at bay to the best of your ability. When you start getting hit by daily stress try to ask yourself, "how much do I need to let this affect me?" See if you can be a little more proactive vs. reactive.

Some circumstances can't be helped, but in other situations you have a shot at making a choice. You just have to practice discipline in the situations that you can control, and not worry about the things that really require a full-blown, emotional response. Traffic? Let it go. Someone is sick or hurt? Let your heart take over.
    4. Try to force yourself to turn off the tube or computer and get to sleep. I realize a lot of people (especially you moms out there) get all the house things done after everyone goes to sleep, but get to bed! Your entire system will function better if you are getting some rest. Can it wait? If I tell you that your metabolic system will work better when you are getting enough sleep, will you go to bed?
    This women in my story has stayed successful for all of these years because she has found a balance between all of the components that affect weight, weight loss, and weight management. I know we all want to gag on the word balance, but it really is always about working our diet, exercise, stress, and sleep life into some kind of harmony that works for us.
    Good luck to all of you. Remember that it starts with making a decision, and then believing in that decision. You can do it.
    ***************************************************************************************************
    ps: I have read this today thought it would be useful for some wlt members( from yahoo health)

Tulasi

7. srilak

srilak Senior IL'ite

Hi,

I also like to join in your group.....to loose weight.

From july this year onwards, I started loosing weight and till now I lost 14lbs...........Please forgive me I write in Pounds not in kilos.....I am use to it.

My weight in july is 156 lbs

now 143lbs.

My goal end of DEC is 135lbs

But my final ideal weight is 120lbs=54kgs

My height is: 5'4"

My diet: I eat everyday breakfast....Idlli and some fruit juice....sometime cereal....

Lunch rice with some dal,curry, curd

snack: fruit and sprouts

dinner: sometime rice and sometime soup and bread

In addition to that I take fish oil capsules and vitamin tablets....everyday

My exercise: Everyday I burn 500 calories in jym.....added to that I do all the work in house.

Regards
    srilak.

8. sudha65

sudha65 Bronze IL'ite

Hi again,

Here's a little tip which helps me .....

Brush your teeth immediately after every main meal of the day (Breakfast, lunch, evening snack, dinner). It helps you not to snack between meals.

This is probably more useful for those who are stay-at-home-moms like me who are constantly confronted with food. I have 2 teen-agers (13 and 15) at home and can't not stock junk-food.

I intend to seriously watch what I eat and work towards loosing weight. I went for my morning walk today :2thumbsup:, after 4-5 days of diwali late-nights and early mornings.

Sudha

9. Monicz

Monicz New IL'ite

Hi all,
    i would also like to join this team.I'm 60kg and want to shed 10 kg to become 50kg and shape up.Well,as for my exercise log, i jogged for 45mins today.I'll be updating soon. We can do it gals!!Lets shape up!!

10. ridgemma

ridgemma Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends

I tried this GM diet. This is a diet comprising of fruits and only fruits. It worked for me. I was 73 kgs at the start of the week and the end of 6th day, I reduced to 69 kgs, which is cool.This is a total detoxification diet. I also did gym daily with 20 mins on treadmill, 20mins cycle, 20mins cross trainer and 20 mins ab crunches.

I have attached the diet plan.

All the best

Last edited: Jun 6, 2008