1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Weight Loss Support Group @ Chennai

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by duskpoem, Sep 20, 2007.

1. shravanthika

shravanthika Senior IL'ite

Happy to see this thread alive and the pouring info..

Sudha...such a goodie friend...you can always tell me whatever you think ...dont be conscious in your replies...love you so much for your encouraging words...

Surely I'll try to stick up to your suggestions,,,,can you give me your recipe for ragi balls

Any other recipes...made of whole wheat for dinner..anybody...

What do you think abt oats...I happen to like oats...I can eat oats as rice with sambar ,rasam...how abt this for dinner....

What do you think abt weight training...

I have started drinking green tea...dunnno how far its going to play a role...

I tend to become very hungry around 4.30 in the evening....can you suggest something to suppress this hunger that wont spoil my early dinner.....

2. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Hi Shravanthika,
    You can make a salad and take it when you are hungry or fruits to nbbble on. Oats can be had with milk of course therw are other tiffin snack items you can make with it. You can take a look at the Ask Chitvish recipe index for other recipes like cutlet and oothappam.
    Then of course there are biscuts, any non fried snacks are also the other option. If you eat light and relax when you eat then you are not bound to feel hungry again, this is what I used to do when i was on a strict diet regime. Also you can try to have soups regularly.
    GOOD LUCK GIRL!!!!!!!!
    Iam with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:tongue

Last edited: Oct 5, 2007
  3. shravanthika

Thanx..Janani...Wow...I'm really encouraged...

So here comes my weekend monster...I'm trying hard to take up the battle...

Your ideas are nice...let me try and put them into action

4. veenapoo

veenapoo New IL'ite

Hai fellows,
    it seems that I have such a big crowd for company in unsuccessful weight losing trials.I am similar to lathamurali. Only I am older and also a little less heavy than her. But I have sleep apnoea and so my oxygen intake is only 85% which makes me tired an gives me headaches. I have a manula treadmill, cycle and twister (all got after pestering hubby) but I find some excuse or other for not using them. I get frustrated after doing the chores and with the disturbances from hubby.
    I can control my taste buds and eat food less, no problem. But I have to shed off at least 20 kg as I am only 5 feet 1 inch tall.
    I want to say this- all the cereals like rice wheat ragi etc. contain the same amount of starch in them. Do not eat anything too much. Try to eat different one for each meal, that will help. I hear that drinking warm water will make it easier to shed weight, but in this hot weather is it feasible?
    As you have said, after cooking an elaborate meal for the family, it is tedious to make diet for us and stick to it.
    One couple were travelling with me and the hubby said he had diabetes and took to Naturopathy and reduced his big tummy and also the diabetes is no more there. He explained in detail about the diet etc. His wife said the punch dialogue- I prepared all these for him for 2 years in the traditional way of grinding in the stone. Now I have diabetes and there is no body to do that to me.
    That explains it, what say?

5. priyamenonnallore

priyamenonnallore New IL'ite

:bang this is exactly how i feel about my unsuccessful attempts to loose weight. i am a hefty 87 kgs and i really am quite alarmed about it.

what i lack is motivation, and will power to do exercises or yoga regularly and to control my food intake.

can someone out there help me???

priya

6. shravanthika

well said veena..yep... we tend to give lame excuses when we are not really interested or when we want things go in our way...

So...what do you think might be the right solution to ward of this thought and inculcate motivation?

Its better not to feel sorry later when everything is out of our hands...Ladies..its time ...lets take up the challenge together...

7. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Hai Friends

Iam back Yaar, read all ur replies hahahaha..............

Thats all i did for this week, but one thing iam practicing I STOPPED SLEEPING IN THE AFTERNOON (Hey.....wait wait jus used to have small nap for jus 30mts thattoo to freshen up the rest of the time)

Shravan dear, u can have LAPSI RAVA UPMA for ur dinner, u can even add all vegetables in that upma , and this u can prepare with jus 1 teaspoon oil for seasioning and can Pressure cook it - GOT ME

U can have WHEAT DOSAI/ RAGI DOSA (do in non stick tawa) veryeasy to prepare, eat immidiately

And RAGI KALI , this is also very easy to prepare very very good for health

If ur not satified or feel hungry, u can drink plenty of BUTTERMILK

hey, take a break for a week to reply, all of u, and share ur experince yaar(honest) Keep watching ur weight and measurement every fortnight

Hope u dont mind me for saying the above statement

LATAMURALI:wave

8. shravanthika

Thanx for the diet tips latha...do give me the recipe for ragi kali..

After joining this group I'm conscious abt my food intake and really have a motivation for exercising...:-D

continue your cheerups ladies...:thumbsup

9. gauridatta

gauridatta New IL'ite

Dear lata
    So nice to hear from u that u are pushing realy hard to urself. I can understand that u may be desperate to reduce weight. If u have thyroid then take tabs ur wt. will def. fall and after some time resort to yoga to avoid thyroid medicines also. U will be slimmer
    Have u heard of GM diet if not tell me i will send u
    give me some more details of urs. i have some good tips to loose weight. I will try my level best to help u. Tell me the following things in detail:
    1. No. of kids u have
    2. thyroid details i.e doctors prescription
    3. diabetic or not
    4. lactating or not, whether pregnanat or not

give me the details and i will give u some tips that have found a greatly successful on myself
    luv Gauri

10. kritty

kritty New IL'ite

hi gauri

i saw ur reply to latha. am 23 un married,wish to flatten my stomach and reduce arms and tone them. i shall give u my details if u can help me

awaitin ur reply

cheers,
    kritty:tongue