1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Weight Loss Support Group @ Chennai

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by duskpoem, Sep 20, 2007.

1. Hanah

Hanah Silver IL'ite

Hi Sanju,
    I am in a similar boat as you. I want to try for a second child but after my first baby, I really put on a lot of weight! Now I weigh 72 and want to bring it down to 55 at least.
    Now, I have finally made some efforts.
    1. First what I did was to chart a plan. I have set a deadline as May 2011, when I will start trying for the second baby.
    2. In order to lose at least 15 kilos, I will need to lose about 2.5 - 3 kgs per month. This is very doable and it is a small goal to achieve.
    3. Next, I have joined a gym, where they will teach specific exercises to reduce weight around my tummy. That I had a normal first delivery really helps here, I can strain a bit without any risk :)
    4. I have also enrolled online in a website where I can track my calories. Since I want to reduce about 3 kgs a month, I can have an intake of about 1500 calories. So I have started planning food around those 1500 cals.
    5. I also joined a Dare group, where they dare you to do something. This was a Dare to Lose Weight group. There I can chart my current weight against my goal and keep updating my weight as I reduce/gain weight against that goal. Seeing a graph of my weightloss is really motivating! :)

And now I feel all revved up to go and reduce my weight :) When you talk about losing 3 kgs a month, it seems a very small amount and I think that is the best way to go about. Thinking of losing 15 kgs is very scary, so I have stopped doing that.

Do keep updating your status here and maybe we can still revive this thread :)
    All the best.

2. chitrapaati

chitrapaati New IL'ite

Hi! Iam chitrapaati and a new member of the Indus Ladies.I have to lose weight asap and bring my borderline diabetes down. pl give me the dieticians phone no timings and charges. Iam 62 yrs old and weigh 75 kgs--not good at all!thanks.