1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Weight Loss Query

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by shreepriya, Jun 1, 2021.

1. shreepriya

shreepriya Silver IL'ite

Hi ladies,

I am in my early 40's and my weight is 78kgs.
    Started my workout 2 months back. Cardio and weights alternate days .Changed my diet , but my weight is not at all budging.
    Way back in 2019 when i started i lost 5 kgs in 3 months with same kind of workout and diet. Now its not helping. Anybody sailing thru the same boat, share your weightloss updates.

2. Angela123

Angela123 Gold IL'ite

Do you have a calorie deficit? That is the only way you can lose weight. how much water do you drink? I am trying to lose weight postpartum. I have lost 17 pounds so far, but last two months it is staying the same. I want to lose another 10 pounds. I exercise for 30 mins and try to walk a little bit. My goal is to do 10000 steps a day + 30 mins exercise, still havent gotten there yet. I am not doing any kind of diet. But I am mindful of carbs. No more over eating. I try to eat more protein and limit sugar intake. I am breastfeeding, so until i stop that i dont think i will lose anymore. So I cannot reduce my calories also.

shreepriya and mangaii like this.
  3. Flyhigher

Flyhigher Gold IL'ite

@shreepriya get your thyroid hormones checked. Sometimes that also could be the problem.

Last year in 3 months I was able to shred my extra gained 15 pounds and come back to my original weight. I did 2 miles jog and 30 minutes of yoga, zero sugar, zero oil to cook food even curries. Morning breakfast ragi malt and salad, lunch & dinner 2 Rotis and curries and curd this was diet.

Understand your body shape and follow the workouts according to that.

Try jogging and walking in combination instead of just walking and some pushups, crunches, and yoga would help.

Replace your snacks with fruits and have lots of veggies for every meal and drink lots of water.

Get move around the house frequently.

Having a proper sleep is also very important. Get at least 6-8 hours of proper sleep.

Angela123, shreepriya and mangaii like this.
  4. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Can you please share what kind of exercise you do. I’m also looking for postpartum weight loss. I have too many pounds to loose :coldsweat:

5. Angela123

Angela123 Gold IL'ite

I do yoga on weekdays. I follow 'Boho beautiful' on youtube. It is not beginner yoga, sort of intermediate, combined with pilates. Some of them are really hard but some are beginner level too. But if you practice the same video over and over, it becomes easier. I run/walk 2-3 miles on weekends, I tend to eat more food on weekends, so it makes sense to do more cardio. So I exercise 6 days a week - 30 mins of some kind of exercise+8000 steps, my goal is to be consistent and get to 10000 steps a day. I use apple watch to track calories burned and steps.
    I eat mostly healthy, I do not count calories. More protein, more veggies and fiber, less sugar and processed food. Look up plate method - volume is more. I also do not restrict myself to any diet, but more like a lifestyle change. I eat donuts, pizza, etc mindfully. Let me kow if you need more details, I will be happy to share.

shravs3 likes this.
  6. shreepriya

shreepriya Silver IL'ite

Way back in 2019 , i lost 5 kg in 3 months even though i have hypothyroidism, can say borderline , my GP said this will not affect losing weight . I did workout at home cardio, weights, abs , yoga for an hour. The same is not happening now, felt something is not right.
    When i used to hit the gym some 7 yrs back , i easily shred all my weight, toned my muscles, it was like a
    Cake walk.
    Now not seeing weight loss or inch loss irrespective of following strict and healthy diet.

7. Angela123

Angela123 Gold IL'ite

There might be several reasons to that. As we get older, metabolism is different, so same workouts, same diet 7 years ago, will not work now. It happened to me. Stress management and sleep is very important for weight loss. To start, you can track your calories. Eating more protein is required inorder to lose weight. Also, what I felt is that even if I workout one hour, i have to keep moving through out the day to lose weight.

Gauri03 and shreepriya like this.
  8. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

One of my neighbour maintains her weight by doIng household chores herself,. no maids.. she is 50 plus and looks young and slim for her age. She does some walking for about 30 mins in evening but not aware of her doing any heavy exercise.
    many ladies known to me have benefited from intermittent fasting and lost weight...due to health reasons I’m unable to follow it regularly.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
  9. shreepriya

shreepriya Silver IL'ite

BTW how long does it take to see weight loss once we start exercising and follow strict diet.

10. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Wow that’s awesome @Angela123. My main problem is the sugar I have hard time controlling it. I am yet to follow any exercise regime. Will start slowly since I’m still recovering. But trying to do some walking whenever I get some time.