1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Weight loss - have I lost more than what I have bargained for ?

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Sabitha_K, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Dear Radha,

Brilliant ! You have approached your weight loss with caution and reaping the fantastic results now.Thanks for sharing your mantra :thumbsup

2. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sabitha, this is a really wanted thread here. I think I am the person who is happiest for this coz I have a question for all of you. I am searching and searching still nto getting THE sports bra. Tried jockey evita and crop top models. I felt evita didnt do anything,but crop top was good.
    Only I feel uncomfortable due to the tight elastic:drowning, the bigger size wont suit me. So please suggest me a tried and tested one(Jockey/VIP preferably).

3. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Alpa,

That was excellent source of knowledge that you have shared it.I hope more people read it and understand the implications of rapid weight loss.

I am glad that you have presented the facts like a science journal entry :thumbsup

Good job and great snippet in fitness :bowdown

4. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Priya_mommy,

Good to see you here.Yes, you can use Olive oil to moisturize your skin.Though I have never applied oil on my body during my stay in India owing to the scorching heat and humid weather which would make me look like an oil-factory, you an try any moisturizer with olive oil base.I reckon Shanthi has come up with good substitutes to make skin look bright and fresh.

5. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Dear amihere,

From my experience, the sports bras in India are very different to the ones you find abroad.I did buy some while in India but noticed that they did not hold quite well , whereas the ones here are very well-built for various activities like aerobics etc.Moreover there were hardly any varieties or brands in India ( especially when it comes to Sports bra) to choose from which fits your perfectly.Things might have changed now or I haven't looked properly at that time.

Coming to your query ,please find the link to the ones, I prefer using now after spending helluva amount on different types , I finally realized that this was the most comfy one.

Zip Through Panel Sports Bra*-*Marks & Spencer=

I would suggest you to buy a zipper one (front)- the reason being when you perfom crunches or lie on your back unlink the other hooked variants , it does not chaff your skin since the back is seemless.I had tough time managing with the hooked ones as I used to feel that someone was poking in my spine.

A BIG NO to these kind of models.Well it depends, I had tough time with it.( tight elastic ).Somehow, the make was not suitable for me.

High Impact Non-Wired Sports Bra*-*Marks & Spencer

I wish I could be of more assistance but since I am not aware of any models now in the Indian markets ( the latest ones) I can just suggest you the type of sports bra that is very comfortable while running and jogging.One more important thing - if the store allows to try then DO TRY before buying.Sometimes the make and fit requires you to buy a different size to what you normally buy.(regular bra).

Let us see if anyone else comes with any other intel that would assist you in buying the right one.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2010
  6. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

HI Ami,
    Jockey sports bra are good or lovable too, i normally get JOCKEY when i travel to india and i find them extremley good get the padded ones they are good.
    hope i have helped you
    love
    alpa:cheers

7. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sabitha,
    I really appreciate your effort to reply my query:) The links provided are blocked in my office, so will check them this weekend. Thanks for warning me aboutt he hooked ones, I was planning to buy that thinking it might give good support.

Hi Alpa,
    Even I was using jockey but the models which I mentioned are not comfortable for me. May be I should try out different models at a shop,btu here most of the jockey outlets are small without a chaning room:drowning

8. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Ami,
    i live in Nairobi so i normally orderwhen my bro or sister travel or i trael and i just buy the thick elastic under the bust is for supporting and holding the bust firm, and they have the hooks on the side os you do not get may pain or irritation also try LOVABLE sports bra i normally buy from a wholesale shop in Mumbai of JOCKEY if there is mall around your place nd hve jockey stores just try them as i find jockey extremely good infact yesterday i went on to their website its Jockey :: Home you will get to see a few sports bra models and buy the padded ones they are better.
    love
    alpa:cheers

9. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi Alpa,
    Thanks for posting the link, its really helpful. Will try those:)

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

amihere,

I don't use one, as i am not into any of these vigorous exercises, but i buy vip's sports bra for my DD and it is good.