1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

weight loss company/support

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by mjohney, Apr 25, 2008.

1. mjohney

mjohney Senior IL'ite

Hi all,
    My goal is to lose 8-10lbs/3.54.5kg this month.I would be delighted if anyone wants to join me in this.
    It will be nice to have company.Suggestions and comments are welcome.I am planning to start tomorrow.
    Regards

Last edited: Apr 26, 2008

2. Mubeen

Mubeen Bronze IL'ite

hi MJ, i would be interested to join, what kind of diet r u planning to follow..?

3. mjohney

mjohney Senior IL'ite

Hi Mubeen,
    Thank you very much for showing interest.
    I am planning to make gradual changes that will help me lose weight .My long term goal is to reduce 40-50 pounds-mostly gained from pregnancy.
    I am planning to cut back on portion size.Eat more vegetables and exercise 30 mints a day and drink more water.We used to walk 2 miles a day and that summer I lost about 20 pounds.Maybe I will try to walk again.
    I don't want to deprive myself.But I am going to be more careful about what I eat and get moving.
    Please don't mind me asking,how much weight are you planning to lose?What is your plan?
    Regards

4. ramya_psk

ramya_psk Senior IL'ite

Hi mubeen,
    me too want to join.I have put 10kg of weight after my pregnancy.I am breast feeding my kid.So i cannot restrict in my food,but i can go for walk and do some excersise.Suggest me some tips to reduce my weight.

Thanks&regards
    ramya

5. Mubeen

Mubeen Bronze IL'ite

hi MJ and Ramya!

I am 92kgs now.. i have lost almost 12 kgs already in last 6 months... i want to lose atleast 12 more kgs b4 my marriage( may be in august).. as far as my diet is concern.. i try to cut down fatty foods... eat lots of fruits.. tried GM diet also, but could not continue for all 7 days.. i use to take one time light meal during GM diet ( 2 thin chapathi's) but it helped me a lot.. i go to gym, do aerobics and machine workout...

I am pasting here a link where u can find wonderful exercises... just go thru them and try to do it everyday SparkPeople: Fitness Articles

Regards

Mubeen

6. mjohney

mjohney Senior IL'ite

Hi Maubeen and ramya,
    Think we can do it together and it will be fun.

Mubeen,congrats on your engagement.I am sure you will be able to acheive your goal before that.You have done so well so far.

Ramya ,I am also breastfeeding my baby.That is why I am also not going into any extreme measure now.

I hope we can all achieve our goals.My weight when I started thinking about weight loss,ie last week was about 187.But I has started making gradual changes in the beginning of April itself.

I sometimes feel like i should do something drastic to reduce this but then i tell myself that I put on all this weight -from 60-85kg-in four years,10/11kg before pregnancy and the rest after that,that it would take atleast 1 year to get rid of all this.I have August-September in mind.

My husband is very supportive and concerned about my health.Now I am glad that you guys can are also joining me in this.
    The good news is that I have already started coming down from 187 to 185 within a week.I have controlled my food by reducing the amount of bad fat and started light work out for 30 mints a day.
    I have also maintained a food diary,so that i feel accountable for the things I eat.

Maubeen ,thanks for the site.I want to try different things so that i am not stuck with a weight loss plateau.I will start walking too.
    Let me know your thoughts

Regards

Last edited: Apr 30, 2008
  7. Mubeen

Mubeen Bronze IL'ite

hi MJ.. thanks for the FB.. i am actually planning to start GM diet again.. if not very strict.. alteast with one time meal as i did b4.. as few family functions are lined up.. vil b starting it in 2-3 days... good that u r maintaining a food dairy.. i really appreciate that and vil start one for me also soon...

8. ramya_psk

ramya_psk Senior IL'ite

Hi mj,
    wow!!!
    how come u reduced 3lb within a week.Pls tell me what workout u did.Does walking helps in reducing weight?

Thanks&regards
    Ramya

9. mjohney

mjohney Senior IL'ite

Hi Mubeen,
    Family functions means a lot of food is involved.But as you have goal it will be easy to get through them.You definitely know how to do things as you have lost weight in the past.
    Food diary is good.Now when i a pick a high calorie snack,the thought of writing it down helps me put it down or atleast reduce the amount i take
    Regards

10. mjohney

mjohney Senior IL'ite

Hi Ramya,
    I have cut down on fats.Now i use a bit of olive oil if i need to give the curry a glaze.Then I am drinking a lot of water.I eat mostly vegetable and fruits now.
    I warm up for a couple of mints which involves stretching my arms and legs,moving side to side,bending back and forth.
    Then i do 20 mints on elliptical and then do a few crunches and walk on as many days possible.
    I stated making changes in the beginning of this month but the weight started going down only this past week when i started being a bit more careful.My doctor told me that after pregnancy weight loss is difficult and it will a big struggle to get it off.
    I know somebody who went back to 136 from around 190 just by walking and a bit of jogging.Sure it took her sometime but she did it.Even my Amma said she had lost around 7kg recently by walking and cutting off sugar.And i myself have done it.So I think walking is the best.But it should be a brisk walking.We usually go to a near by park and walk in the evening.I have a pedometer too.
    Regards