1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Weight Loss Buddy

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by PinkRubies, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Sankna

Sankna Bronze IL'ite

Dear Alpa,
    I joined gym on Saturday and have started my workout sessions . I was glad when I checked my weight , have shed almost 2 kgs in the past 1 month after following your suggestions.
    Yesterday's diet was an exception as we had a pooja at home and I had to eat only the offerings which included poha, banana & sugar & other sweet items.
    I had a bit of guilt feel at the back of my mind while eating ..
    Will post today's diet tomorrow. Thank you once again as I would never have joined the gym but for your advice

2. amitkumaar

amitkumaar New IL'ite

Re: Weight Loss

Congratulations on your resolve, I also want to include that intake of lemon juice mixed in warm water with a teaspoon of honey, Bitter gourd juice, carrot juice on an empty stomach after some exercise regimen helps a lot in elimination of unhealthy fats from the body .
    :thumbsup

Natural and safe weight loss should be the objective, for which you can also have a look at healandhealth.

3. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sona,
    thanks for your reply, i am glad that you realise your eating habits, yes pills do cause weight gain and you need to be now patient to loose the extra weight first i need to see your diet plan, being a rice eater you should now reduce the quantity of your rice and also at night start having soups, you will feel you are not having enough but you after a few days you shall see the feel not hungry, start to change your diet, eliminate red meat from your diet stick to chicken and fish.
    i look forward to your daily food plan what you had for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
    love
    alpa:cheers

4. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Radha,
    i am so proud of you. Here a big hug to you. Radha sometimes our last few kilos are very difficult to loose so we need to do more exercise and concentrate on our diet as well, you will rea h your goal, once your perids are over then check your weight as now your body will be bloated with water so you will weight more.
    My support is always there for you all.
    love

5. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Muskan,

i would suggest something that please avoid all sorts of red meat, just have chicken fish and eggs, red meant is not good for the body.
    Caramel pudding wow do not have it everyday ok

love

6. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sankan,
    i am proud of you, to start a journey we have to take small steps and you have done that, your sunday food was an exception so its ok, do not feel guilty, hope you have had a light day today.
    the 2 kilos that you have shed is the extra water in your body now you will start seeing a difference, well done, continue your exercises
    love

7. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Amit kumar,
    thank you for your input and i agree with you, i have carrot juice once a week, having carrot juice or bitter gourd juice is good but to be taken only once a week not everyday.

love

8. Sankna

Sankna Bronze IL'ite

Alpa,

Thanks . Today was mostly filled with fruits.

6.00 - AM - Water
    6.30-7.30 Workout
    7.45 - Tea
    8.15-1 bowl papaya
    8.45 - Oats with little curd & salt
    11.00- 1/2 pear fruit & 1 Banana( small one)
    1.00 - 1 chapathi with curd
    3.30 - 1/2 pear & 1 Banana( small one)
    6.00 pm - Vegetable cutlet with tea( was very very hungry and nothing else was available in the food joint)
    7.30 pm - 4 jackfruit pieces
    9.00 - planning to eat a fruit or have veg soup made of pumpkin ,carrot & tomato

Drank 2 litres of warm water

The bananas were part of yesterday's pooja and i need to finish it off. I am little worried also if it will make me put back the lost weight.

Alpa , I also wanted to check on one thing - about eating fruits the right way. I usually cut fruits and carry them in airtight container and keep it in the fridge at office and take it when I need to eat. Is this OK or should I carry a knife and cut & eat afresh.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
  9. hema04

hema04 New IL'ite

Alpha,

Thanks for ur reply.
    Boost is the malt based drink.(In India,Sachin Tendulkar said "Boost is the secret of my energy").
    Weekend didnt go well.
    I had guests and eaten outside in chinese.
    I have to start over again.:frown:

10. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sankna,

bananas are good they help you curb your hunger. Reduce your curd intake curd helps you put on weight, so have buttermilk instead, never have curd at night it helps you put on weight, have oats made in water and add milk to it and little sugar and cinnamon. Also have salt to taste only as salt also helps in putting on weight.

you are doing good, tomorrow go light on your stomach, you can cut your fruits put them in the tin put a cling wrap on it and cover it and put in the fridge it will stay fresh.

love