1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Weight Loss Buddy

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by PinkRubies, Nov 2, 2008.

1. aniajay

aniajay Senior IL'ite

Hi Alpa and friends..

Had along weeknd so not able to post my diet..My weight is sort of moving up and down abt a kg...will check it after a week:)hope so i wil acheive this months target...

my yesterdayd diet:
    Morning: warm water/ tea/ breakfast: porridge and 1 apple
    Lunch: cabbage sambar/burgul/carrot salad
    dinner: half cup burgul/egg curry/salad

happy dieting
    ani:))

2. daya

daya Bronze IL'ite

HI ALPA, ilites,

thanks Alpa. I am taking nearly 4 lts of water every day.

here's my diet for 04.04.2010:
    6.00 am hot water with methi seeds
    6.15 1/2 cup coffee without sugar
    8.00 3 slices bread with curry and 1 cup tea without sugar
    10.30 1 cup coriander herbal tea without sugar
    1.30pm 1 chapati curries, little rice with sambhar, sprouts slightly boiled, salad of cucumber tomato and onion,
    4.30 1 cup tea
    7.00 1 big dosa with chutney

3. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Ani,

don't worry if your weight is moving a kilo up or down and if you are getting your periods in a week your tummy will start to bloat so you will feel heavy so definately the weight will go up so just take it easy and carry on with what ever you are doing.

love
    alpa:cheers

4. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Dear Alpa,

I have been tracking this thread regularly, and have been using all ur tips in my daily life. You have been doing such a tremendous job of mentally supporting people. I strongly feel thats the first inspiration towards Weight loss journey.

My story is i became overweight after my pregnancy and have slowly lost nearly 51 pounds of weight as of now ...... i need to loose another 12 pounds to be in my ideal weight. it took me nearly 3 years to loose the above weight.

Recently i had been to India where i gaines some 7 pounds back ..... so i am concentrating this time and starting all over again to loose the excess flabs. I have a excess pooch on my tummy and my shoulders are very bulky ,so i have started with some squats and abs and butt workout at home.
    But then i have started bleeding with this Abs excersie.... is it normal or am i doing it in a wrong way please advise.

Diet wise i have become very controlled and very rarely do i tempt for junk foods. But i think my body has reached a plateau where i am not able to loose any weight

thanks
    vaidehi

5. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Vaidehi,

first thank you for your compliments. I appreciate it.

Now i really don't know why you have been bleeding doing the Ab's exercise as it is the first time i have heard of it. i would suggest that you talk to your gyno or doctor.

Next if it is possible for you to join a gym please do it, like doing aerobics will really help you especially in reducing your butts, your tummy and your shoulders too and then try to do light weight training at least twice a week and work your upper and lower body.

next post your daily diet plans here so we can help you out. But first talk to your doctor or gyno about the bleeding.

love

6. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

7. anees

anees Silver IL'ite

Thanks Alpa for the nice comments. The stress was due to my DH being sick and I had to all the work. As you know we dont have any maid here in US, so have to manage everything by self. Now thank god, he is back to normal.

Friday and Saturday my diet was good. Sunday I was a bit relaxed, so was no strict. Didnt do much exercise because of the periods.Just walking. From today I will be strict. Will post my details from tomorrow.

Have agood week ahead everyone.

Anees.

8. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Hi Alpa,

Thanks for the detailed reply, yes i will go and see a gyn and get consultation.
    As far as joining a gym....... i don't have a gym nearby and i am dependent on my husband for Car . Thats the reason i have been doing it at home.

I know i need to start going to gym to tone my body ..... but right now its a tight situation for me. Apart from the workouts at home i also go for daily 45 min brisk walk.

My diet is :-

Morning :- 3 glass of warm water
    After one hour i drink coffee with half glass of 1 % milk and 2 biscuits.
    Later i have some 1/3 cup of dry oats cooked in water along with salt OR
    one bowl of fruits.

Lunch :- i have 2 small rotis(whole wheat flour,chappati atta and some ragiflour) along with some veggies cooked in very little oil and some flax seed meal sprinkled on it. Along with some salad.

4.00 pm I have green tea

6.00 Pm i have half cup of tea made from 1 % milk and some Chivda(rice flakes and Murmura which has some peanuts ...i take care i don't eat more peanuts). This is the time where i go crazy for snacks.

8.30- 9.00 i have soup /salad along with one roti and sabji. I somehow cannot satify my hunger with only soup and salads. i feel very hungry and need to have one roti or something.

Other than that i drink 12-13 glasses of warm water throughout the day.

Do you think i need to change my diet ? please advise.

Love
    vaidehi

9. daya

daya Bronze IL'ite

here's my diet for 05.04.2010:
    6.00 am hot water with methi seeds
    6.15 1/2 cup coffee without sugar
    8.00 2 chapatis with curry and 1 cup tea without sugar
    10.30 1 cup coriander herbal tea without sugar
    11.15 1/2 cup tea
    1.30pm 1 chapati curries, sprouts slightly boiled, salad of cucumber tomato and onion,
    3.30 1 cup tea
    6.30 1 cup coriander herbal tea without sugar
    8.30 3 tsp oats with curry few grapes and 1 orange
    9.00 1/2 cup milk

10. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear vaidehi,

i would suggest that at 6pm instead of having cravings for snacks i would suggest that you have an apple or a papaya, or have a handful of roasted peanuts, chevda is all fried or you can have mumra the roasted ones my mum makes it and she adds a little bit of turmeric, salt and chili pd, but too much of it is not good as well, for snacks also have all different types of sproutes boil them and then do a sauting of little oil add the sproutes, ginfger garlic, any masala you like e.g chaat, paubhaji or garam masala.
    Ty to use as little oil as possible.Ok at night have your soup and one roti but not more that n that because we hardlt exercise after our dinner and after an hour of your dinner have a fruit.
    Yes start doing brisk walking everyday at least for 45mins then do stretches, i have in this thread included a prf file please have a look at it and go through the exercises it will help you. Drink at least 2 litres of water everyday.
    If you are a housewife i would suggest whenever you have time google different types of recipes using zero oil or log on to Tarladalal.com :: Indian Recipes, Indian Food, Healthy Low Cal recipes you will get many soup, salads and other recipes.
    Good luck.
    love