1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Ways to maintain your precious Tupperware.

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kishoremommy, Jul 30, 2013.

1. kishoremommy

kishoremommy Platinum IL'ite

Thank you SuganVijay.

2. kishoremommy

Do try the warm water,dish wash liquid,baking soda technique.It works.

3. kishoremommy

Welcome,Indhu.

4. kishoremommy

I would like to share another incident too.

Last week ,we went to a short one day family trip.Usually,we pack food for lunch and eat dinner at hotel.Instead of reguler mixed rice varieties,I took cooked white rice in a tupperware container.

Vathal kuzhambhu(CVVK from Chitvish),fried papads,potato peas masala,curd,salt.All the items were packed in Tupperware containers.

Rice

[​IMG]

CVVK,potato and curd.

[​IMG]

For papads,

[​IMG]

I cooked everything by morning 8 AM and we had lunch by 2.30 PM.We returned by night 11.30 PM.

I found the vathal kuzhambhu stil fresh.I kept it inside the fridge and had on next day.It was so fresh .The papads stayed crisp and fresh for two weeks.

Next time I am planning to take sambhar ,rasam everything.

5. kishoremommy

Yes,you can .Please mention the size ,shape and name of the container.Lids are available for sale.But,sometimes,you won't get the same colour.In that case ,we can choose white colour lid.

Contact your nearest Tupperware consultant or PM me.

6. rharini8182

rharini8182 Senior IL'ite

Thank you kishoremommy...I am having two big oil containers with 1 litre capacity and two small containers about 500 or 700 ml (i am not sure about it). But the diameter of the lid is same for all the containers. Out of four three are for replacement. Even though i got some local items i am a great fan of tupperware and i am not satisfied with the local items.

I am not currently in chennai now...But soon i will be back after the delivery of my second kid...

If i had not found any tupperware dealer i will contact you and courier you. I am having lot of tupperware items only and my husband also like tupperware lunch box earlier.

Inbetween small confusion came between myself and my husband and now i am okay with all the explanations you had given.

Thanks for clarifying the same...

1 person likes this.
  7. chetavani50

chetavani50 Gold IL'ite

Thanks kishoremommy for the nice thread.
    I have heard that curd or buttermilk stored in the Tupperware products does not get sour. And cooked items also remain fresh . Is it true? What is the difference between Tupperware products and other air-tight products ?
    I have been using Tupperware products for carrying sambhar, gravies and water-bottle .I take rice in a hot carrier . Can we keep hot rice in the Tupperware box? And for how many days can we use Tupperware products ? Mine is 3 yrs old. Is it ok?

8. kishoremommy

Thanks ,Harini.

I really love the oil dispenser.

It is very handy to pour sesame oil into chutneys or idli podi.The grip is good and the oil doesn't flow out.Even if the can gets sticky,we can close the lid tightly and straight away wash it with soap and water.No need to empty the content and clean.As it is airtight,there is no fear of water getting into the container.

Apart from storing oil,it is very convenient to store honey.We can add honey drop by drop into anything like green tea,medicines,bread,etc.

Mainly,this container is a salvation to ants problem.While travelling also ,we can carry oil or honey.

One of my friends,store lemon juice in this bottle and keep it in fridge.Whenever necessary,she uses it.

9. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

Thank you so much for sharing and answering to all... can i get cap for water bottle-tupperware??my kid misplaced d bottle cap only. shall i get directly d products without registration or thru a person??

10. kishoremommy

Yes.and also if you pack curd rice,it won't get too sour .

Right.Cooked food doesn't get spoiled easily.

Apart from the fact that Tupperware products are made from good quality plastic,the magic lies in the seal.Every variety of product has different kind of seal.

For the containers meant to be used for refrigerating purpose,the seals are breathable.They allow free air circulation.

For,dry storage containers ,the seals are air tight.This allows the items stored in dry storage canistetrs,to be more fresh and crisp free from pests.

Generally,the shelf life of all cereals,pulses,grains stored in dry storage increases by 3 times.

For example,if you store rava in a normal airtight container,it stays good for a month.Whereas in Tupperware it stays fresh free from pests and insects for 4 months and above.

As I said earlier,it is not advisable to store very hot food in Tupperware or any plastic items.What you follow seems to be the best idea.Taking rice in hot box and every thing else in Tupperware containers.

Unless your containers have scratches ,you can use them for ever.I have seen people using Tupperware for 10 years and above.

Avoid soap bars as they have abrasive chemicals.Use liquid dish washing detergents.

The secret lies in the maintenance.

1 person likes this.