1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Water Bottle - Stainless Steel Or ‘bpa’ Free Plastic?

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Rihana, Jan 28, 2022.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Let's talk water bottles. What kinds of water bottles are you using currently? Like them? What is the most important feature of a water bottle for you?

Please share links of any water bottles that you would highly recommend.

Caide likes this.

2. Thoughtful

Thoughtful Gold IL'ite

Its like I am crazy about water bottles ( because I want to drink lot of water and somehow my mind says, this cool new water bottle will make you drink more ).

I end up with anything that comes in costco. My choices are always: stainless steel, something that can hold both hot and cold.

The hot water comes really handy during colder months or when I have cold/scratchy throat or when I want to quit drinking coffee/tea and need a replacement or during intermittent fasting.

I don't have this model but something close ( not with the spouts )

https://www.costco.com/thermoflask-stainless-steel-40oz-strawspout-lid,-2-pack.product.100791806.html

This used to be like $10 per bottle. Might be cheaper in store.

Good luck!!

P.S. I was able to find a picture of the one I currently use:
    https://www.expocafeperu.com/w/2020...-hurricane-slides-kelty-salida-1-712x1322.jpg

Rihana likes this.
  3. Rihana

I looked at my collection and seems like I have bought them whenever Costco carries them. : )

I have the ThermoFlask Stainless Steel and Contigo plastic bottles in 24 or 40 oz sizes. The plastic I use while exercising at home. The Stainless Steel is usually for outdoors. They do the job.

bottles.png

Now I am looking for a good 64 oz bottle. This will be for use only at home. I saw some cute plastic ones like the one below, but was thinking that in the summer an insulated one will be better.

cutebottle.png

Any recommendations for the big 64 oz size?

Thoughtful likes this.
  4. Rihana

Same here.. almost anything that comes in Costco, we look at it with a "Why not buy it?" Not, a "Do we need this?"

I am looking at this. Shows for $35 in Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/Thermoflask-Double-Stainless-Insulated-Bottle/dp/B07XGWP9JY/ And has a straw.

Thoughtful likes this.
  5. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

water bottle.jpeg

It got to be cute :). Stainless steel, thermos.

Feature- makes me smile!

Rihana likes this.
  6. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Last edited: Jan 28, 2022
    Rihana likes this.
  7. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

@Rihana

My father preferred milton products, so I am into it too

I am using this for more than 2-3 years. I am still keeping it safe as my father bought it for me.

Milton Tiara-900 Stainless Steel Bottle, 750ml, Silver Milton Tiara-900 Stainless Steel Bottle, 750ml, Silver : Amazon.in: Home & Kitchen

Pros:

1. Be it hot or cool water, the warmth/ coldness last for more than 6 hours. Based on temperature on which water was poured, it reduces gradually

2. Easy to wash

3. Has a good mouth space which quenches your taste without pouring over

4. It's 750 ml so fits in that types of bags or it falls over

5. Rust free

6. It won't break easily( note point 4 in cons)

Cons:

1. It's heavy, even it isn't filled you can feel the weight of it in your bag. And if someone use you should be cautious to inform them or else it either pour over or hits them teeth while trying to drink

2. Don't play too much with strap on the lid, it comes off :crybaby2:

3. You can feel a change of smell coming from the bottle, if there is change in water you use

4. It won't break but sides may bend if it hits floor often. But that won't cause leakage. But if the lid hits directly straight upside down with full water. It cracks but if closed properly it won't leak. It's because the lid is not steel. I have unknowingly made the lid fall many times but it's safe till now. Th bottle makes heavy noise when it falls or rolls which is totally understandable

As for me I loved it. Must say go for it

Madhurima21 and Rihana like this.
  8. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

I have a 32-oz Brita water bottle with filter that I use at work. I sometimes have to fill up the bottle from the fountain so I prefer to have the filter.
    At home on weekends I use the 64-oz bottle. It is a bit too unwieldy for me to lug around at work, but on weekends I find that I tend to skip drinking water. So I fill up the big bottle in the morning and I find it much easier to stay hydrated.

Rihana likes this.
  9. madhat

madhat Platinum IL'ite

oh me too.
    I usually find ways to throw away or donate my old ones to get new one from costco. :joycat: I like the flask ones from kitchestuffplus store here in canada. Because of the longer cold weather here, I like to drink warm water all the time. I keep the glass bottle one with the slicone grip and tea bag steeper inside which I use for the summer.

Does anyone have the expensive Zojirushi ones? I heard they are very good.

[​IMG]