1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Walking- The Best Exercise

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by anukarsha, May 26, 2010.

1. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends!
    Yesterday, I was very happy. I met my school friend just down in my building. She was unaware of the fact that I stayed there. She had come to meet someone nearby and was waiting for her driver to bring car and I just happened to go down to bring something for my kids. And there we both saw each other and tears of happiness flew from our eyes. Oh yeah! I brought her home and then we chatted for almost an hour or so. She was a lean girl earlier, after marriage had put on a bit and now I saw a typical plump female. I asked her if everything is fine with her. And she replied, dear, with age all this happens; you put on and all. I agreed with her to some extent. I understand that with age hormones in our body tend to change. There could be an imbalance of certain hormones which may lead to weight gain and all. But all that seemed just fine with her. After poking a bit, she said that she has become quite complacent with her looks; she’s become lazy to go out and exercise. She doesn’t feel like joining Gym and all. That’s why she’s putting on so much.
    I had to tell her to take proper care of her health. Friends, I also don’t go to Gym, neither do I go out for some walk or something. I am allergic to dust, smoke and pollution. The moment I step out on the road, I start sneezing and me and my incessant cold are in love with each other. It just doesn’t leave me. So I avoid going out for morning/evening walk also. But I love walking. It fills me with energy, rejuvenates me and it gives me some time, some space to be myself. It’s my “me time” and I enjoy it thoroughly. I walk in my home only. I put on my favorite songs and start. I usually walk for at least 30 minutes a day, sometimes even more. Whatever may happen, I don’t miss it.
    I get to churn my mind (Devil’s workshop) while walking, I unwind myself from the routine tasks, songs make me feel quite energetic, I introspect and dream also with eyes and brain wide open. And in turn my weight also remains in a healthy range.
    When I told all benefits from a 30 minutes’ walk to my friend, she was quite astonished. She said, I had never given it a thought that you may walk at home also and enjoy it thoroughly too.
    Friends you also please jot down your experiences if you also love walking. “Take a few steps towards A Healthy Life.”
    CheersJ

2. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Hi anu,

Good to see about your walking routine. A great way to destress indeed. Im happy to see that instead of complaining about not having access to gym, you are managing your walk inside.

Just in case you are interested, check out the 'Walk at home' videos of Leslie Sansone. She has many kinds of walking workouts like 1 mile to 5 miles and more videos for walking to reduce tummy flab etc. I have recently bought a video and walk at home on the days i cannot go to gym.

You can slowly increase your intensity of walking in the same 30mins. You never know, you could burn more calories in the same time. Try it.

3. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Thanks dear pman for your informative feedback.i'll surely try that.cheers-anu:)