1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

very difficult to keep myself motivated...:-(

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by shruthipraveen, Sep 29, 2013.

1. shruthipraveen

shruthipraveen Platinum IL'ite

with the hectic schedule, I'm not just not able to keep myself motivated to exercise. :-( I feel very bad when I see all the people I know(like my seniors in school, all mum of 2 kids) suddenly becoming fit and trim and getting personal trainers and wearing small sleeveless dress. Why am I just not able to do it? A childhood fatty always afatty? I've gone from 94 to 68 kgs(pregnancy wt and some more) but my tummy is still 42" although my collar bones are showing. So i'm doing more tummy trimming exercises whenever I can. The thing is I either do 30 mts of walking or some 50 rounds of tummy exercises/pavan muktha asan. I just can't get the time to do both every day. and my wt loss is at snail pace.....SIGH!!! Pls help me stay motivated and inspired.

2 people like this.

2. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Shruthi,

Just today I was thinking of the same topic and I see such a post here.

There are many of us with you sailing in the same boat. Tummy toning requires every single day workout. Doing it once in a while will not help. You can split your time for both walking and tummy toning like 15mins (circuit training) so that you will have the satisfaction of trying and might see if it makes a difference.

Try just one session of personal training and see if it helps. You need not think of it as a long term option. In USA personal training is very pricey like 65-70 usd per hour.

Also check your diet. I feel tummy is at best when I eat rotis/cracked wheat. When I eat rice I feel heavy.

Google for diet options for a flat belly and search for youtube videos till you find a solution. Do not give up.

See if these articles help:
    5 Steps to a flat tummy in 7 days - Times Of India

Healthy Living: FLAT BELLY DIET - INDIAN VERSION

4 people like this.
  3. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

Hi Shruthi, Almost many of us are facing the issue of lack of self motivation at the beginning stage, but we can overcome with these tricks in a long run...

1. always speak out about our weight reduction mission with our friends openly so that we can atleast have the caution in our mind that she is observing our movement closely.

2. to read many inspiring stories of others daily. As you know we have our own IL friends like shiva choubey, shanvy and many more...their posts are really like energy boosters. Make a practice of reading those posts daily.

3. We all have time, but we are not utilising it properly. So let us first make plan/time table like a time schedule like which is most priority and least one. So that we can analyze with whatever time we have inbetween and how can we utilize it efficiently.

Say for example in my case, i have 45 mins in the morning (from 5.30-6.15) i chose a brisk walking on the road, i personally do not prefer terrace as it has so many obstacles..:) then i will continue on my routine things. Later around 9.30 to 11 i am free at that time i do some asanas as i have only very light and healthy breakfast like multigrain kanji. That is all! these are the two things which i am doing as an excersises and i do felt so many changes in my weight reduction.

4. Plan our meal day before. our meal should be healthy one. Always use rice, oils in a small amount. If you want to try on other millets and avoid rice you can go for millets. Buy them and stock it in a bottle in a visible place. After your normal cooking you can make it for yours and in a long run it becomes easy and practice to you. Eat more vegetables, greens and fruits. Lower your intake of rice, maida, instant noodles, cookies etc....always intake low calorie food.

5. Do not sleep immediately after meals.

6. As far as possible try to give more physical work in each and every possible cases.

All the best shruthi do not worry you have started realising your minus, so it is the right sign for your success. All the best..Count me in also in your mission in any ways...as i have also started my mission one month before...and so happy to share my 2 cents on this with my limited knowledge.

Hope you will soon get so many wonderful ideas from our IL experts on these.....(am also eagerly waiting for that) :)

5 people like this.
  4. shruthipraveen

Thankyou so much for responding, both of you. The diet part is quite controlled except for sugary milky tea(4 -5 glasses a day, my only luxury and 2 cups green tea with jaggery) I tried cutting out the tea and the jaggery from the green tea but justy not able to. I eat 2 chappatis for lunch and only fresh veggies for dinner. So that part is ok. Its just that I need to WORKOUT more. But after the kids' stuff, I'm mostly too tired(and lazy). Thankyou for all the motivation. I have my cousin's engmt coming up soon and I hope I can lose a few inches from my tummy by then. :)
    Let's all do it together.

5. shruthipraveen

How are you guys doing?

6. shruthipraveen

How do u control urself? I ate a big piece of mysore pak yesterday :-(

7. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

I hate sweets so no probs ever controlling sweet cravings !

Think of your goal when you eat them or do not regret after eating. You have to exercise extra to burn those calories.

1 person likes this.
  8. shruthipraveen

I so envy you. I wish I hated sweets too but I have a sweet jaw here. :-(

9. shruthipraveen

Thankyou for your link on flat tummy.I do understand the need for apersonal trainer. With my 18 month old son, my school going daughter and my not so co-operative inlaws(we stay in a joint family), a remote village existence, not sure if a trainer can come here and teach. :-(

10. purpledreams

purpledreams Silver IL'ite

Hi shruthi...

I don't belong to weightloss program, but still would like to share what I know. Try palm jaggery(karupetti) instead of jaggery. Jaggery spikes blood sugar almost as same as sugar. Hope you know karupetti. I was not overweight but had been pre diabetic. Foods taken have different impact on individuals as we all are unique. Reduce all sort of carbohydrates(even whole wheat) . Try atleast for a week to see viable results.
    Sugar cravings seeps when we are low in energy , have frequent small meals instead of heavy meal at a time.
    I dont find it difficult to control sugar cravings, but hard to deal with public when I deny sweets. So many why's and how's. In such situations dont deny just have a small portion.

Hope this would be of some help