1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

tough stains on gas stove--help plz

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by sankasailaja, Mar 13, 2009.

1. sankasailaja

sankasailaja Bronze IL'ite

hi friends
    as i leave in us when we vacate a home we need to clean very neatly and return the keys.
    but as we indians, we cook a lot and both of our parents r here almost ayear.
    i have a gas stove ,on which there are hard stains and its being difficult for me to clean it,as im trying so many methods.
    can any body plz help me in any cleaners that r available in narket r any home made to clean tho stove,kitchen,walls,carpet and the bathroom too.

but my main objective is too clean the stove,as we r going to vacate in 2 months.
    bye
    thanks in advance

2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

hi sankasailaja, if it is grease stubborn stains, most products available do well. But the best solution I have found so far is Mr.clean magic eraser - I have used it every where - stove tops, counter tops, crayons on wall....works well. Try it and see.

Also googling took me to these links and they seen to offer great help - hope you will find it useful too...

http://www.mrscleannw.com/forum/greasy-built-on-food-on-stove-top-help-t641.html

http://www.mrscleannw.com/forum/house-cleaning-tips-f1.html

Let us know if it worked!

Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
  3. babyraji

babyraji Silver IL'ite

Hi

try out Mr Muscle---it works out good on greased surfaces and also the tiles too.

raji

4. ChinnuZ

ChinnuZ New IL'ite

Hi sankasailaja,

I use "Easy-Off" oven cleaner. Spray this while the stove top is still warm ( few minutes after you have done your cooking). Leave it for couple of minutes and just wipe it off. All the tough stains will come off, but make sure to wear gloves while using this as it is very strong. Best of luck.

ChinnuZ
    [​IMG]

5. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Warning: Don't use Magic Eraser on kitchen cabinets...you will ruin the finish. I found out the hard way! Use it on hard surfaces only!

6. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

I have some really really tough stains on the gas stove plate, the one which comes around the burner and is removable.

These stains are caused by spilt milk, oil, etc. I have been lazy and have not cleaned them immediatelybonk Now they have formed a brown crust. I have tried easy off bang, vim powder, but this crust still remains.

7. Deepali_deepali

Deepali_deepali Gold IL'ite

8. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

Soak the gas stove grills in warm water and soap overnight if possible. That softens the stains. Then take them outside the house and spray liberally with any oven cleaning spray and leave for a few hours. The spray is very strong smelling thats why do this outside only and do wear gloves too. then rinse the grills and scrub them well with a metal scrub.

if you cannot remove the grills, then spray them with the oven cleaner but remember to open the windows and if possible, leave the house for a few hours.

you might need to repeat the process for a few weeks to get them looking brand new again.

9. umasaras

umasaras Senior IL'ite

The best I have found to remove greasy stains is vinegar, If it is removable plates heat a big bowl of water and add vinegar and soak the soiled gas plates it removes the stain much easily , repeat for tought stains . The best result is if you do it immediately.
    regards,
    uma

10. priyas

priyas New IL'ite

Hi Sailaja

You can try using EASYOFF BAM.I tried so may stuff but nothing works like this product.So try it.

priyas