1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Liked anything that you read here? You may nominate it as the Finest Posts!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Timetable for household chores?

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by JeniFlora, Feb 22, 2010.

1. JeniFlora

JeniFlora Gold IL'ite

Though it seems to be that i am working from morning to night, every day i am leaving some work pending. Are you people (both working and non-working) following any timetable to do the house hold chores so that all the works are finished on time?

please share your ideas.

Jeni

2. geethabm

geethabm Senior IL'ite

Hi Jeni..

It's a common problem for 99.9% of housewives... Here are some of the suggestions and things i usually follow..
    First and fore most thing...
    * Wake up early .. around 6.30 or 7am.. Start as early as possible.. This will not only give u time to finish fast.. but u will get more free time in the day...
    * Never leave the work for next day.. I mean specially cleaning up dishes , kitchen.. even though if it's late finish this job in the night itself..The day should start very freshly for anyone... For me.. I like a clean kitchen when i first wake up in the mng.. It makes the whole day go so freshly... instead of a sink full of dishes.. with dirty stove... So, kitchen is the key for a house..
    * Plan each day of the week for one purpose.. This may not be 100% implemented by us. but it's still helps us do th things on time..
    Like, Usually on fridays.. U can clean up the bathrooms.. since the weekend will be busy with family n friends.. somebody may come to your house.
    *One day... Tidy up the whole house.. starting with hall or living room... and followed by the other rooms..depending on your time table.
    *One day, probably the day u get the vegetables from the market... Clean up the refrigerator in the shelves.. with a wet cloth... and arrange all the veggies in bags or boxes..It hardly takes 10 min extra to clean. By doing this regularly , Ur refrigerator not only looks clean.. but reduces your cleaning job by half time.. being clean all the time..
    *While cooking the food itself.. simultaneously clean up the kitchen , dishes.. etc.. once the cooking is done.. u can get out of the kitchen.. instead of spending some more time for cleaning..
    *U can use the time when u watch tv.. for cutting the vegetables or folding clothes.. or any work that u can sit and work.
    * If u consume more chapatis.. u can always mix a little more dough and keep in the refrigerator.. making it more easy for u .
    U can set time for doing any work.. If we hav a time factor... we will definitely get used for working fast.
    Listen to good music.. when u work.. This will make u feel so relaxed.. and
    Give a break for your work for a day in a month or so..Do your fav thing. go to a beauty parlor.. or go to watch a movie.. Do what ever your heart says... At the end of the day, when u see the house messed up and dirty.. u will automatically get recharged for few more days...
    **The most important thing is.. Always enjoy your work... If you feel it as a burden .. U r never gonna comeout of the stress of the work...
    Follow the clock.. set time target.. 15 min or 30 min per work.. give a break after lunch or a breakfast for 15 min.. relax and work...

:coffee :coffee

4 people like this.
  3. JeniFlora

JeniFlora Gold IL'ite

Thanks geetha for ur comments. I will try to work accordingly.

Jeni

4. anitasridhar

anitasridhar New IL'ite

Hi Geeta,

I totally agree with you love the work ur doing.

Thanks
    Anita.S

5. sirisyam

sirisyam Silver IL'ite

hey geeta,
    very good suggestions by you.
    similarly can u suggest some tips for women like me who have a infant and a toddler at home.

6. vidhuram

vidhuram New IL'ite

Hi geetha,

Thanks for giving such a nice tips. You remember my mother.... even she does the same ... very good.

7. JeniFlora

JeniFlora Gold IL'ite

Geetha,

Your comments are really usefull. Previously I had a maid. Couple of months back, she is not coming. Being a working woman and mom of a toddler, initially I felt very hard and tired. Now I am following what you said and everything is in its proper way. Thanks once again.

8. ReenaVinod

ReenaVinod Bronze IL'ite

thanks geeta for ur wonderful tips..

9. shyampriyaa

shyampriyaa Bronze IL'ite

thanks for ur ideas..............