1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Time management - cooking, cleaning, and exercise

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kkrish, Apr 22, 2012.

1. veeramachaneni

veeramachaneni Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sound - I am sorry to hear that. Hope you feel better soon.Take Care.

2. mahesaran

mahesaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi Vani, welcome, I imagine u as a busy bee. How much things you are handling yar?... Really hats of to you. I will tell what i am doing , try this if you can. While the kids are playing outside, esp allow the second one to play (if possible),go for brisk walk. I know it is hard as kids miss you in day time they will stuck to you after you comeback, this is natural...
    Hi Soundarya, take care of your health dear. Have some good rest...I hope your mil will take care of you...wish you a speedy recovery.
    Hi Priya, thank for your compliment. I like your decision time with coffee between you and your hubby. Cup cakes ...... Mouth watering yar..... My hubby rarely eat the left over for the next meal.. So I will prepare different meals every time.....if he says then only I will cook the same dish for lunch and dinner..

3 people like this.
  3. mahesaran

mahesaran IL Hall of Fame

From last week little chill ness in the atmosphere. From yesterday onwards, we feel that winter has started in Bangalore .Even though sunny, cool air, the floor itself is cool. Hereafter I have to take care of ds as he was affected by pneumonia last year and hospitalised for 3 days. I am so scared of winter...

My updates for today(13/11)

Woke up at 5:00 as hubby had to leave early

Cooking:
    Prepared aloo paratha for ds and me. Prepared chow chow - dhal for me and ds with rice for lunch.
    Packed lemon rice with bhendi curry for ds . For hubby packed aloo paratha, veg and fruit salad and also filled one bottle of jeera water for him.
    prepared moong dhal sundal for snacks
    Prepared moong dhal paratha for dinner for them and veg spinach soup for me.

Cleaning:
    Cleaned vessels and kitchen counter
    Cleaned half of the kitchen today including

4 shelves of provisions
    Big container having bigger pack
    3 shelves of plate stand

Removed everything from the shelves, changed the papers and arranged everything.

Cleaned the oven and grinder with mild detergent.

Mopped the kitchen twice as it was so dusty.

Misc:

Loaded the w/m and spread in the clothe stand.
    Went to tailor shop to give one saree and blouse for stitching. Extended my walk to buy mask for ds as it is cool nowadays, but didn't get.
    Folded the dried clothes.

Workouts

1:15 hr of outside walk
    25 min of shuttle

Take care , bye for now.

1 person likes this.
  4. veeramachaneni

Hi Vani - Welcome to the thread. I love reading your post. Your day planned nice only thing I would suggest is when you want to exercise try to do it before kids wake up. or after they are asleep.

I do yoga everyday. I just starts my day like that. I don't do excessive just 20 to 30 mins. See if you can try doing the work out in the morning time.

3 people like this.
  5. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Mahe,
    Its really nice to know you have reduced salt consumption at your home.

It is half salt for us also. Since my dad is hypertensive, the salt at my mom's place has always been less for him and I had developed a taste for low salt in food, so when I started cooking after marriage, it had remained the same. Also during my first pregnancy, due to high BP I had to give up salt completely since my 5th month. Since then it has been low salt for everyone in my family and we find it difficult to eat with increased salt (normal salt for others :))

Take care of your DS as the winter is setting in in B'lore.

Hi KK,
    True, it certainly is a pleasure to see neat clothes :)
    Oh! sorry to know about the not-so-nice 'gongura', I too have had made the mistake of buying some greens that I did not recogonise. Sometimes they turned out ok but sometimes they were horrible :-( Now I have identified a few oriental greens that I can work with, but mostly I stick to the indian variety :)

Hi Sravani,
    Nice to know your organizing is going on so well :)

Hi Anupama,
    Your post reminds me of the nice ad that says "Disconnect to Connect" :) Happy to know you enjoyed your internet free days, it gives a whole new prespective to simple things we have overlooked :)

Hi Priya,
    Same pinch there ;-) we too spend the first 20-30 mins having elaichi milk (earlier it was filter coffee) in the morning chatting. It gives a lovely start to the day :) Kiddos wake up around 6.30+, so we have a good headstart of 1+ hours in the morning to chat, cook, and get ready :)

Yes dear she is drinking honey in hot water (actually lukewarm, as she does not take anything hot). I am also giving them ginger+turmeric+pepper+honey as kashayam, and also sips of boiled water with tulsi leaves. My older daughters fever has abated, but the younger one has started. It seems to be a viral fever, so will have to wait it out. We went to the dr. yesterday who said the same thing, but gave us medicines just in case the fever shot up. She is on meds now.

Happy to know your cupcakes were a hit and so was the banners you made!! great!!

Hi Sound,
    Take care dear.

Hi Vani,
    Welcome to the thread :) You are doing great with your routine. Priya and Mahe have given nice tips. You can try them out and see what suites you. Best wishes :)

A big Hi to Manju, Sarah, prana and all on this thread :)

4 people like this.
  6. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Thank you. I will try that!

7. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My updates:

Yesterday was my elder DDs birthday, she turned 10 :) DH took half a day leave, and took the kids to dr as the younger one had comedown with fever and the older one was also feeling too tired with cold.

I got back home a little early and helped DH decorate the house with baloons and helped dds get dressed in their new dresses for the evening. We had a lovely cake-cutting with just the five of us :) lots of photo taking, and of course eating the yummy cake. We gave both the kids books as gifts, a geronimo stilleto for older DD as that is her favorite and a fairy tale book to the YO. DDs got tired soon, so gave them meds and got them into bed.

Later, myself and DH packed two suitcases as the kids, I, and my MIL will be leaving to India this friday. DH will join us a week later.

Today morning when I left for work older dd was much better, but yo was still having fever :(

3 people like this.
  8. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Thanks , I will try, The younger kid somehow smells when i wake up amnd he also wakes up,I will try the best.

2 people like this.
  9. JeniFlora

JeniFlora Gold IL'ite

Dear sound,

take care of your health.

Update from my side - Running behind my kids, office and house hold chores... couldn't get time to breathe. Exercise is the only part I am missing. I couldn't find time to do.

Kamala mam - how long can we store ginger garlic paste in fridge?

2 people like this.
  10. veeramachaneni

Hi Mahesaran – Try to walk inside the house with socks. That really helps. I know in India you have tiles, granite as flooring and it gets really cold.

Aloo Parata sounds yummy. How do you make jeera water? Just add some jeera to the water?? (Sorry to ask you such a stupid question)

Looks like you did quite a few things in the Cleaning department. You had a very productive day.

Hi Akila –

Happy Birthday to your elder one. :birthday

Sorry that your second one is sick now L Hope she feels better soon.

Nice to read about their cake cutting and I am sure both DD’s must have loved the gifts. Very thoughtful gifts J

Oh you will be leaving to India this Friday ? Enjoy your trip.

Hi Jeni Flora. – How are you doing?

Hi kamala - How are you?

Hi Sound - Hope you are feeling better.

My Routine - Yesterday woke up at 6:00 , Brushed got ready Had my coffee. Helped DD to get ready and went to work.

Yesterday we had a nice party at work and I enjoyed the food and had fun with colleagues.

After going home I fed DD. We needed to go out to get 3 gifts . We need to attend a Bday Party on friday and another one next week. So we shopped for them and came back home. Ate our dinner and I just went to bed after making Pasta for DD's Lunch Box.

I started reading a Book and slept while reading.

4 people like this.