1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Time management - cooking, cleaning, and exercise

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kkrish, Apr 22, 2012.

1. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My updates:-
    Apart from the regular work of preparing breakfast, snack & lunch, getting kids ready for school, washing vessels, laundry, sweeping the house everyday, I did the following:

Monday:
    Organising: Cleaned and organized 1 kitchen shelf.
    Exercise : Brisk walked 4 km.

Tuesday:
    Organizing: Scrub cleaned the stovetop, backsplash and counter top, arranged 1 kitchen shelf.
    Exercise : Brisk walked 4 km.

Wednesday:
    Organizing: Arranged 1 shelf of my wardrobe & arranged my purse. It was busting with all the accumulated bills. So segregated them into taxi bills, bills from purchases, and ATM reciepts. Kept the taxi bills in a box (need them for reimbursement from office). After checking the other reciepts, tore them and put them into the recycle cover. Now my purse is slim again :)
    Exercise: Walked 4 km.

Some quick tip of collecting & disposing recyclable things

1. Keep a bin (I keep a bucket) and line it with plastic cover (from purchases), and keep it in the kitchen somewhere out of sight (under the sink). Many of the things that we recycle comes from kitchen and we usually throw them in the regular dustbins along with the kitchen waste. Keeping the recycle bin in the kitchen makes it easier.

2. Milk Cartons: When disposing milk cartons, rinse them thoroughly, else there will be the small mosquito like insects hovering over the bin.

3. Newspaper: Here in SG, there is no concept of kabadiwaala, they mostly buy only electical/electronic stuff. So old newspapers that are not reused are to be thrown out only. If you are going to recycle newspapers, keep them stacked separately and not throw in the recycle bin. It helps the person segregating them.

4. Bottles: Rinse before putting them in the bin.

5. Plastic Covers: The plastic covers of provisions (dhal, channa, rice) are recyclable. So every time you open a packet, put the cover into the recycling bin.

6. Sharp articles: Needles, blades, razors, hairpins, toy parts etc should be put in a thick clear plastic container and be tightly closed. Label if possible.

7. Once the bin is near full, deposit it at your nearest recycle place / bin available. We have one in almost all the appartments in our area and I drop mine on alternate days. If you don't have one, then tie-it off and keep it in a place (out of sight) until the municipality truck comes to collect it.

I know that recycling process differes from place to place. Share how you do it and please add your inputs to this list :)

5 people like this.
  2. JeniFlora

JeniFlora Gold IL'ite

My PIL's came on Wednesday. So I am happy that my kids are in safer hands for sometime. For me, now a days even a minute matters a lot and I am running like anything. Spending more time for cooking and cleaning meanwhile MIL is taking care of my kids.

Yesterday wakeup at 6am. Prepared coffee, b'fast and lunch. Packed all the boxes. Cleaned the vessels, kitchen countertop and sink. Gave medicines to my dd and ds (since both are affected by cold). Left home at 9.45am. After that DS was not well. So PIL's took him to hospital. It seems to be that he is having infection.

Reached home at 7.45pm. Had one cup of milk and prepared dinner. Spent some time with my kids and went to bed by 11pm.

Today morning wakeup at 6.15am. Prepared coffee, b'fast and lunch. Packed all the boxes. Cleaned half of the vessels and kitchen countertop. Arranged my ds's wardrobe and folded all the dried clothes and arranged it in shelves. Now dd is ok. So gave medicines to ds.Left home at 10am.

3 people like this.
  3. anupamag

anupamag Gold IL'ite

HI all,

Today woke up at 6.30 AM and prepared Pulihore and bread and cornflakes for BF. Then went to class and after class my friend took me to an Indian beauty parlor for threading eyebrows, felt good. Came back and had lunch and slept for an hour. Now , the cleaners have come and supervising them. Weekend might have a birthday party of DD's friend to attend to and a send off party kinds to one our friends who is going back to India, so packed. Meanwhile have to do grocery shopping, help DD with her homework, extra reading of India syllabus, my homework and catch up on some weekend sleep too! How are u all doing? Yesterday and today have been quite sunny, but still cold outside.

1 person likes this.
  4. JeniFlora

JeniFlora Gold IL'ite

Yesterday wakeup at 8am. Prepared coffee and b'fast. Bath my dd and ds. Now both my kids are doing good. Loaded w/m and spread them for dry. Handwashed cloth diapers. Prepared lunch and feed lunch to dd. Cleaned all the vessels and cleaned the home. Then prepared coffee and tea and served to all. Felt very tired and just lie down in bed for 15mins. Then grinded for idli and cleaned grinder. Grind for rice kanji for my son. Again cleaned half of the vessels. Spent time with kids and went to bed by 1.30am.

Today wakeup at 6am. Prepared coffee, b'fast and lunch. Packed it in boxes. Left home at 8am.

2 people like this.
  5. SoundVijay

SoundVijay Gold IL'ite

Hai all,

I am Back:). Last week i had some problems in connecting to my internet. I had my manager visiting my location and thatsy was concentrating on my work like a good gal so did not login before her to update.

Last week Monday & Tuesday i was doing the usual work of washing the vessels, cleaning the cooktop & sink. Wendesday, thursday & Friday went to my mom's house as my DD is on holiday. Had some rest. Came to my house on saturday after returning from my office and started with my usual routines.

Sunday: Got up at 6.30 AM had my coffee and went to my SIL's inlaws house to get the things she has given to us from US through her inlaws. Reached home back and had my lunch and slept of sometime. Then played with my DD and myself, DH & DD went to Pizza Hut. Came back home and retied for the day :)

A bigg Hai to Manju Mam, Mahe, Abhigail, Jeni, Anu, shaluu and all others :)

Sound

2 people like this.
  6. abhigail

abhigail Silver IL'ite

Hi everyone,
    Hope all had a grt weekend,
    Mine was a good long one.
    Friday had to take off as my maid/nanny too off. So played the whole half day after DH went to work with DS.
    Last week had many team lunches at diff. places so friday was a simple food day. Prepare rice and rasam for dinner.
    Sat was little hectic, bought veg n fruits for the whole week, arranged the fridge.
    Went hunting for house (planning to buy our own house now, tired of staying and spending on rented house)
    Evening went out with DS and he had a good walk in the shopping area.
    Sunday was lazy day, gotup late at 9am, prepared masala dosa for breakfst and chapatti n beetroot sabji for lunch. Went to the park where DS played a lot and then again roaming in the shopping area and had sugarcane juice.
    Came back and made kichidi for dinner.
    I am consistently doing the 2 things before going to bed : arranging all the washed utensils in resp. places and cleaning the kitchen top. Feels nice to see a neat kitchen in the morning

7. abhigail

abhigail Silver IL'ite

Hi Jeni, amazed to see you racing against time to manage all the things. You are a supermom. Hope ur kids are doing good now healthwise?
    Hi Akila, Nice tips on maintaining recycle bin. at bangalore place its much lesser and much easier. News paper goes every month as the news paper collector comes on open carts everyday.
    I accumulate old clothes and prepare bags and give to the orphanage ppl who come every month on one sunday.
    glass bottles of tomato ketchup, jam and other eatables, i keep on the top shelve of the kitchen to be given to the kabadiwala close to my house. That is as and when i see a heap.
    So its little lesser of recycle. Rest all goes to the garbage collecting vehicle.
    Hi Sounds, nice you had a good stay of 3 days at ur mom's placeHi Anupamag, winter should be approching soon, so ti would get more colder i suppose. But its good ur are busy with ur classes and DD studies.
    Hi mahesaran,how ru feeling now, hope the weekend was able to give u some rest?

Hi To all the others here.......................have a great week ahead

1 person likes this.
  8. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear friends,

I am sorry to inform that Kamala's father passed away this past Wednesday and she is in India right now.

Kamala, please accept my heart felt condolences and I will keep you and your family in prayers as you try to get through this very difficult time.

Take care of your self.

9. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

Kamala mam, i felt so sorry. pls accept my deepest condolence to you and your family.

Will pray God for his soul to rest in peace.

I just like that visited this page asusual and found this, i was shocked now...

Take care of yourself.

10. anupamag

anupamag Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamala mam,

My deepest condolences to you family, may god give you the strength in these tough timees.