1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Time management - cooking, cleaning, and exercise

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kkrish, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

thank you ladies for your likes, comments and other ways places you use this - now I am even more inspired :)

2. Magee

Magee Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Friends!

I am here nearly after a month of time...yeah I was in my native for a month, enjoyed a lot...
    Its a unplanned travel to tirunelveli, first time I went to the market area in nellai... its is soo cheap there all fresh veggies and groceries...I cannot resist myself from from shopping there...
    So bought few things like thinai, red rice, clay pot, paruthi (cotton seeds) and so on...

Now back to Chennai and sun during millets to giving it for grinding....

Catch you all tomorrow with my updates...

4 people like this.
  3. simpleMom

simpleMom Gold IL'ite

:clap Amazing.

2 people like this.
  4. JeniFlora

JeniFlora Gold IL'ite

Yesterday reached home at 6.15pm. Prepared coffee and snacks and feed to dd and I also had. Spent time with ds. DS went to sleep by 9.15pm. Prepared dinner and feed to dd. Cleaned my ds's stuffs and prepared necessary things for my ds. Made the bags and dress ready for the next day for me, dh and dd. Went to sleep by 12am.

today wakeup at 6am. prepared coffee and b'fast. sent dd to school. then prepared lunch and packed the boxes. Prepared kanji for my ds and left my home at 8.45am.

4 people like this.
  5. SoundVijay

SoundVijay Gold IL'ite

Hai all,

Yesterday morning got up and went to office. In evening wshed vessles and tiffen boxes. Gave food to DD & had dinner. Cleaned the sink & cooktop. Played with my DD for sometime and retired for day :).

Hai: Chithirainilavu: Yes i do handicratfs and have posted it here long before :). I sketch drawings whenever i fund time.

Hai all :)

Sound

3 people like this.
  6. JeniFlora

JeniFlora Gold IL'ite

Yesterday reached home at 5.45pm. prepared coffee and feed snacks to dd. Feed kanji to ds. Prepared kanji maavu for ds. Loaded w/m. Roasted everything needed for idli podi. When I was to grind it, ds wakeup. Spent time with both of my kids. DH came with dinner bought from hotel. Feed dinner to dd and had mine along with dh. Cleaned all the ds's stuffs and arranged all the necessary things needed for him for the next day. Went to bed by 11pm.

today wakeup at 7am. So prepared coffee and b'fast. Lunch have to take outside. Sent dd to school. Left home by 8.30am

2 people like this.
  7. mahesaran

mahesaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi Manju mam, Take care of your health.
    Hi shara, omapodi and pakoda, mouth watering?
    Hi vidu, you are a super busy and energetic women yaar....
    Hi Soundarya, nice updates, crafts works also with the busy schedule nice....
    Hi jeni, super busy now a days...
    Hi Magee , welcome back..
    My updates,
    Tuesday: woke up at 6, prepared veg salad, fruit salad, aval with jaggery, veg noodles. After dropping ds, took head bath and went to temple,took butter from the collected cream three times, prepared mix veg sambhar, did workouts. After ds arrival, gave him chocos and went to temple for 'Pradhosham'. After dinner, helped ds to do his homework,read out one story for him, read 3 episodes of 'Pooniyin Selvan'. slept at 10:20
    Wednesday: Woke up at 5:30 , prepared bhendi gravy , pulkas, dosa , veg and fruit salad, mosambi juice, mini idli. After dropping ds went for cycling, prepared oats-besan-raw banana cheela for me, went to buy gift for son's friend b'day. Bought nail polish for me after 8 years:),(till then using the one which i bought for my marriage), need to apply it today. cleaned and mopped the floor, loaded the w/m, talked to mom, took bath and cooked lauki- dal, rice, daliya, beans curry ,rice for lunch. While cooking itself prepared sweet chutney, green chutney for chats, roasted peanuts and masala peanuts in micro wave, cleaned two back bags with dettol water.
    After ds arrival went to play, played shuttle there. After studies, fed him curd rice with curries, went to temple for 'Sathya Narayanan pooja'. After coming, i was bit surprised hubby and ds were playing chess(for last two weekends , i took seminar to my hubby, how to spend time with his son, so yesterday was the result of that:)), prepared pulka and finished dinner,after dinner talked with ds about his class and got some shocking news.i have given below. i felt so bad, ds kept quite about these issues and yester day he was telling one by one.
    After cleaning vessels and kitchen counter, told story to ds, read 2 episodes of 'Pooniyin Selvan'. After ds slept, discussed about ds with hubby. The following are the issues
    * Ds is a left handiee, so in class , they are teasing him as bad boy as he is using his bad hand. ,(last year itself this happened, i explained ds that he is so special that he is using his left hand for writing , drwaing etc)
    *I am giving healthy food for snacks time, (giving junk only at 6 pm with milk), so some of them is teasing him they are having his junk food , whether he want that. It is school rule to bring healthy food to school.
    *He is of average height, but last week in the PTM only i saw all the children, most of them are taller, they seem to be studying in 4 or 5 , so he got teased as 'montessari boy'.
    Even our kids are good and nice, the other kids are not allowing them to be good. I don't believe that 2nd std kids are talking like that.

I don't know what to do,if i knew it on Saturday itself i would have spoken to the teacher, Need to ask him and if everybody is teasing like that , i have to meet the teacher this week.

Sorry, if i am out of track from this thread..

Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
    2 people like this.
  8. SoundVijay

SoundVijay Gold IL'ite

Hai all,

Yesterday got up at 6 and washed the vessles and swept the floor. Woke up DD and sent her to school. Went to office and in the evening reached home. Washed the vessales and tiffen boxes. Gave food to DD & had my dinner. Cleaned the cooktop & sink. Retired for thhe day 11.30 PM. Now a days i am sleeping only for 6 hours tsk.

Mahe: Handicrafts is the only ventilation i have. I am a left hander and ask your DS not to feel bad for it. Left handers are creative people and definitley different from others. I am proud to be a left hander

2 people like this.
  9. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Yesterday as planned, morning cooked at home for us as well for my parents and another two friends who were tenants of myddad's previous house, who volunteered to help dad for shifting. Made kids to study packed lunch for all, took my car to shift few important personal things to new house. My dad with movers was shunting to both places. Those friends also helped. All of us had packed lunch there, helped mom to arrange the kitchen. Now kitchen is ready for cooking. Add they didn't have drinking water there immediately, procured and took the in the evening, left my son there, went to music class with dd. Way back picked him, came home made adai for dinner.

Today after regular cooking and cleaning dropped both kids, visited parents briefly, gave my induction stove for repair, bought Jasmine at the market, came home around 1pm, had lunch, tied flowers, a nap of 20 min, made few payments online, in IL while waiting for dd to arrive.

Got my visiting card ordered online for my fashion designing. I have started stitching regularly for already known people who were asking me to stitch for them. now this is my next initiation as adviced by MSME director whom I met almost two months before.

Till navarathri I will be off and on, but will regularly read all updates.

Regards
    Manjukps

4 people like this.
  10. abhigail

abhigail Silver IL'ite

Hi Friends,
    I am back again after a long vacation for ganesha festival at my in-laws place.
    Lots of cleaning and arranging in the house as it was closed for more then 10 days now.
    Will make my updates soon.
    Hope all had a great Ganesha festival

4 people like this.