1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Time management - cooking, cleaning, and exercise

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kkrish, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

no, no...:tsk....not original at all...copied from some home organizing post somewhere on FB :)

3 people like this.
  2. shaluu

shaluu Gold IL'ite

Hi friends,

Jeni, you are doing very well girl managing home, work and kids :)

A BIG hi to Akila, manju mam, kkrish mam, shara, abhigail, AG, mahe, sound and all others. Please forgive me if I have not mentioned

Srama, this is a real nice surprise post from you :) Now I wish we had a cupboard with draws like yours

My updates:

Got up at 4:30. Started cooking @ 5. Prepared idli, tomato chutney, drumstick sambar, rice, chapati and plantain fry. Got ready and left to work @ 8 AM. Now had dinner and doing some office work

5 people like this.
  3. vidukarth

vidukarth Platinum IL'ite

hi, sorry could not post an update...

Hope you all had a wonderful pillayar chaturthi.. 7 and 8 th were busy getting ready and making poornam, batter and all other stuff ready for chaturthi along with MIL.
    that saturday evening, took my MIL for shopping to the Mall for India shopping..
    sunday was chaturthi and went fine, went to the temple in the evening...
    Weekdays were as usual busy with office, home, picking up DD from class..
    Wednesday, made oats butter biscuits and they came out really well...
    thursday, was so much rain and thunderstorm and had lost power, evening went to friend's place as they had invited for dinner..
    Friday was super busy, went to Niagara falls for the weekend with in laws..so made idli, poori, tamarind rice, curd rice along with MIL.
    Saturday and Sunday were busy at Niagara Falls, enroute to Pittsburgh temple and Sai baba temple..
    Now at office,need to do some decluttering at home, wash the clothes and do some more India shopping as parents in laws are leaving this month end.

Hope all are doing good..

Srama, very well organised...thanks for the picture..

4 people like this.
  4. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Rama,
    Great idea. I do this for DHs socks only. Seeing this, I think I can extend it to his casual pants and also for DDs tights and shorts. Thanks for sharing :)

@Shaluu,
    Great going dear... getting up at 4.30!! Nice menu for breakfast and lunch :)

@Vidhu,
    You certainly are busy. Hope you enjoyed the picnic at Niagra Falls with the yummy things you prepared. I too do the same when going on outings, prepare and pack lunch and snacks. Though my DH tells us not to trouble with the preparations and suggests eating out, my MIL and I usually pack ;-)

Hi everyone :)

4 people like this.
  5. SoundVijay

SoundVijay Gold IL'ite

Hi Folks :)

I was at home for four days :) Friday through monday. Enjoying my days with my kid :) and managing household chores. Yesterday celebrated Onam (for my DD's sake, we are tamilians though). prepared kesari and my DD loved it and arranged poo kolam. Cleaned the sitout area and my routine was normal aas usual like cooking, washing the vessels, etc.

Srama: Nice idea and thanks for sharing. Its a bigg boon for me to escape from my DH's scoldings

Haiii to Akila, manju mam, kkrish mam, shara, abhigail, AG, mahe, shallu and all others & sorry if I have missed someone.

Akila mam: I enjoy it and have made it a point not to miss jogging :). It gives me loads of energy and am feeling lighter and energitic the wholeday :)

sound

4 people like this.
  6. mahesaran

mahesaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi Jeni, Glad that your ds adjusted with the nanny. All the best for you for re joining the job. Be in touch with us.
    Hi Akila, Nice updates. You prepared ragi , wheat and rice with 4 kind of stuffing? great dear. 15 days before i made a trial of wheat one. i liked it. But on VC day , We prepared a lot of things, so i dropped the idea of wheat modhak.In my case, packing for picnic, it is reverse, mu huuby ask to pack everything. I want to escape from kitchen atleast on that day. But always he will win. Cooking is not a problem but cleaning everything and then for a picnic., I think i will simply sit at home.:bonk

Hi Shara, I know how hectic it will be , That too packing with two little kids.....But be happy that you are going to a new place , make new friends and you will definitely learn new things there.
    Shaluu, Are you so busy? Not seen anywhere?(thread)

Hi to AG, Soundarya, golumolu, gorgeous, Anu, Magee, Pooja, Abhi, Vidu, , Manju mam, KK mam, . Sorry if i left any one.

My updates,
    Last week went well with my son's birthday. Usual home chores and little outside work. Started reading 'Ponniyen Selvan'(Famous tamil historic novel) e-book on Saturday. Finished 9 episodes by sunday.

Monday: woke up at 6 and prepared pulka, mushroom-peas-panneer gravy, ragi veg and sweet dosa. Then after work out of 30 min, started cleaning house, hand washed clothes and also loaded the w/m with bed spreads. Dried all in terrace. Cleaned the kitchen, mopped the house, changed the bed spreads, pillow covers, folded the clothes, prepared brinjal-dal, rice, aloo curry for ds. Went to play with ds to his friends house.
    For dinner prepared ridge gourd kurma and helped ds in studying. After dinner , read 10 th episode of 'Ponniyen Selvan'.:)

4 people like this.
  7. vidukarth

hi friends,

hello everyone, nice to see all your updates :) motivates me...

yesterday it was another usual day, picked up DD from school, went to a samosa store to get samosas as it was FIL's b'day and he likes them very much, then came home, prepared dosa and fed DD, did some office work, kept rice for dinner and went with MIL to do some India shopping for her nephew and family and came home around 9 pm, had dinner, too DD to bed and was browsing some trip photos to upload.
    Woke up again at 5:30 am, had coffee, cut ladies finger, prepared lunch for DD, packed snacks, my breakfast and now at work.. It will be a long day today as we have music class for DD and will go from school directly and will be back at 6:30 pm. Need to buy vegetables today as MIL's nephew is coming tomorow.. need to book train tickets for him..

2 people like this.
  8. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Hi to all buddies here.

Healthwise better but not fully recovered. Taking more rest. Really longing to be myself. After chathurthi, did two blouse stitching, made few jewellery with few strands of crystal and other beads. Both kids have school at different timings and holiday in between.,have to drop dd also at school for her exams. otherwise my routines are going on. But while finishing the work, I feel my legs paining. With exercise it is getting better. Swearing to get alright completely before navarathri.

Hi Srama,

Good organization. Thanks for sharing. Rolling and storing also saves space while packing suitcases. I have organized my bed linen draw like this.

Jeni, good your kid is getting along with nanny. It is such a great relief.

Shallu getting up at 4.30. Way to go!

Akila,
    Really i have to take inspiration from you on exercising.

Mahe,
    You are right. Packing is ok then cleaning is tedious before leaving on tour.

Hi Vidu,
    Niagara is one nostalgic spot for me.
    Hi Shara,

I know shifting is big thing. Tomorrow my parents are shifting from their temporary place. They had managed to pack again, I have to help in shifting process tomorrow as well to help in organizing at new place in coming few days. Good part in this is they are coming nearer or I should say on the way to my home from main road.
    I am sure you being an organized person will manage well in shifting to new place and settling down. Dont worry. Kids will also get settled soon.

HI to all others

Regards
    Manjukps

5 people like this.
  9. chithirainilavu

chithirainilavu Gold IL'ite

Hi all,

Last two days were very productive. Managed to do a few extra things apart from my regular works. Made ribbon pakoda and omapodi for daily snacks and today baked a sooji cake and choco chips muffins. Came out well. It is raining on and off. Not able to go for a walk, but did yoga.
    In the process of completing a anchor stitch kit material.
    Packing started in a small way. Two months time is there. Just preparing the list, which needs to go in cartons, steel trunks, and other misc. items.

@ vidhu u have got a busy schedule, but managing well.

@ sound- nice to know about your jogging routine, it actually motivates you. I believe you do art and crafts work also, have you displayed in creative crafts forum.

@ akila how r u superwoman

@ shaalu - waking up at 4.30, nice to read but why?

@ manju mam and mahesaran - thanks for the concern for my packing and shifting. But this is not new for me, we have to undergo this every three years, this time kids are little grown up. Only for major items like fridge, washing machine, Air conditioner etc we call packers, other wise me and DH manage ourselves. Luckily we don't have furniture. So that headache is not there.

@srama mam, wonderful idea of arranging the dresses.

Hi to kamala mam, jeni, and all others

shara

4 people like this.
  10. vidukarth

thanks chitra, yummy, you made oma podi and ribbon pakoda... nice...
    i made oma podi only twice because my acchu has so small holes, so it is so painful when i ever i do this..
    is there any suggestions for making this easy?

manju - take care of your health..

3 people like this.