1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Time management - cooking, cleaning, and exercise

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kkrish, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Magee

Magee Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Friends!

Today just made Rasam with brinjal stir fry and completed my regular work, then I hand stitched a cushion cover with my old cotton shawl, which I use it as inner cover, so that the cushion will not get stains soon...

Evening went out for a walk with DH, for an application taken passport size photo and we went to beach (yes beach is in walkable distance only from my home)...then for dinner made Ragi buttermilk porridge had it with chips...Now in front of IL.

Rest in Next...bye

5 people like this.
  2. poojaagar

poojaagar Bronze IL'ite

Hi Manju and mahesaran,

Thanks a lot for the warm welcome here, i would love to read those links you gave me..and you are right going thro the posts here will give me good idea about managing things.

i will try to update my status here so that it will help me improve my routine as you said.

Since its a long weekend i ve gone too lazy..will come soon here and update my routine..

4 people like this.
  3. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Hello to Abhi, Akila, Anupama, Gae3, Golumolu, Gorgeous, Jeni, Kalpana, Kika, Mahesaran, Magee, Manju, Nikkimom, Poojaagar, Shalu, Shara, Soundarya, and all others I might have missed.

Have a great weekend!

5 people like this.
  4. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

So The long weekend was because of Ramzan?

Wishing all my Islam friends "Eid Mubarak!"
    May Allah bless us all!

3 people like this.
  5. anupamag

anupamag Gold IL'ite

Hi friends,

Sorry, I was just a silent reader all these days, since I was little busy. Here, since it is summer, there is always some or the other fest, carnival going on, so I am taking DD to all the places possible for her enjoyment. Her school starts from 19, so just another 1 week to go. Today, woke up at 9 AM and cleaned the whole house, bathrooms, kitchen, floors etc and took bath. Then prepared Pongal for brunch , had it and went to a summer carnival here, DD enjoyed a lot, came back at 4.30 PM and SKype chat with parents in India. Then prepared Dosa batter and have invited a friends family for dinner. DD will have company with their DD and we will also have some company, have prepared Aloo mutter and tomato rasam and they will bring chapathis.

4 people like this.
  6. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Dear Anupama
    Glad you are enjoying the summer festivities.
    My last week was just regular routine.
    However,
    Saturday:
    Morning attended a baby shower for a friend's d-i-l.
    Later went shopping to get my younger son many items he needs for his dorm.
    Ground for idli.
    Evening my husband took us out to dinner at a India restaurant.
    Especially after just returning from wonderful restaurant meals in Chennai we found the food very bland.

Sunday
    After breakfast helped my son pack all the stuff in boxes.
    Now that he is moving to an apartment he is taking a mattress we already had.
    After lunch took a quick nap and then brought the mattress down. Everything is ready to be loaded tomorrow.
    Washed one batch of clothes.
    Then cooked dinner; soaked channa for poricha kuzhambu for Monday.
    After dinner, loaded the dishwasher and started it.
    Logged in and did my office work. working extra hours to take time off to take my younger son back to college.

Now updating this.
    Good night USA; Good Monday morning east of us.

7 people like this.
  7. JeniFlora

JeniFlora Gold IL'ite

kamala mam,
    my dh also told that the depression is because of PMS. Thursday dh took leave and was with me to accompany me. Fri, sat and sun are holidays for dd too. So a long weekend enjoyed with the family and got energized.
    I think sitting idle is the problem and i am planning to engage myself with other activities.

Sunday, loaded w/m and spread them for dry. hand washed cloth diapers, de-cluttered the living room shelf.
    Afternoon went to doctor to show my DS since he is having cough. But doc was not there. So went to nearby supermarket for the first time with my son. purchased provisions and some hairclips and bangles for my dd.

Evening prepared snacks and tea and served to all. Took dd and ds to car park for sometime. Evening maid didn't come. So washed half of the vessels and cleaned the kitchen countertop. Cleaned the home. DH and DD went for veg purchase for this week. cleaned the fridge and arranged veg's in it. Spent time with ds and went to sleep by 2.30am

today wakeup at 7.15am. Sent dd to school. decluttered the living room and folded bedsheets. Cleaned the dustbin cabinet and dustbin. Folded dried clothes. Now in IL

Today i have to clean master bedroom toilet. Evening i have to go to hospital for ds.

5 people like this.
  8. mahesaran

mahesaran IL Hall of Fame

Hope everybody enjoyed the long weekend very well.
    Manju mam, it is better to reduce the intake of coffee. But I can't control myself if I am preparing the filter. Nice that you pass the time by doing stitching reading books, playing suduko in waiting time. For the past two months I am also doing walking while waiting for my son in the bus stop. Even time is passed and my work out will also be done.:thumbsup
    KK mam, thanks for the link. I am not the devil mother all the time( only in the morning time, and if he is lazy or playing then only I will take a devil avatar). In all the other times I am the sweetest mom by appreciating and motivating him by kisses and praising words. :)
    Shara, we should be smarter to over take the smart kids. I think our moms didn't struggle like us to handle the kids. Hats off to your timing sense.:)
    Anu, nice that you are enjoying the carnivals and festivals with your dd.
    Pooja, how was the long weekend?
    Magee, so you will relax yourself often in the beach right?
    Kika how is your health now?
    Jeni, are you ok now?
    Big hi to soundarya, gorgeous, gae,akila,golumolu,shaluu and others

8 th August, went to bank to finish some work. As usual finished washing cleaning vessels and home.did workouts for 1 :15 hrs. Went to sai baba temple as of Thursday.
    9 th August, hubby had office. But woke up late and prepared dosa for him. Went to temples with ds. Attended lalitha sagasranamam. Prepared lemon rice and aloo for ds and wheat kichadi for me. Evening prepared kozhukkatai( steamed modhak) as prasad ham for aadi velli. (aadi- tamil month, velli- friday)Went to it iyyappa temple after hubby's arrival. Managed with the left overs for dinner.
    10th August, went to flower show, then to two bazaars just to roam and had lunch outside. After coming back, had the snacks, bought from outside, send ds to drawing class.prepared dosa and garlic podi for dinner.
    11 th August, prepared rice and daliya pongal with coconut chutney, veg kurma for lunch then went to veggie shopping. Took some rest till lunch. After lunch arranged veegies and other things in the respective places. Cleaned the greens and vessels. Prepared masala puri for snacks. Helped ds to study. For dinner managed with the left overs. Planned to go for cycling, as it was raining spot jogged at home.watched one movie and super mom in zee tv , watching tv itself cut the veggies.
    12 th August, woke up @ 5:30, after refreshing did some suryanamskar. Prepared spinach-dal,snake gourd curry, mushroom peas curry and pulkas, packed veg and fruit salad. After the temple visit prepared oats-daliya idli for the first time for my bf. cleaned vessels and home, mopped the floor, loaded the w/m. Now i am in IL. Lots of work waiting in a Q , I am bit confused that which one to do first.
    Meet U all soon, till then take care.
    A happy new week

6 people like this.
  9. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Dear Jeni
    Glad you are better now. I am happy you had an enjoyable weekend.
    Please pardon me if you had already mentioned it; did you quit your job or still on maternity leave?

Dear Mahesh
    No ma, I do not think you are a devil. It is natural to get angry with our children and we should; that is how we discipline them.
    Actually the first time you mentioned it I did not give any advice because I felt nothing unduly wrong. When you mentioned it the second time and seemed to worry about it I took the liberty of giving you advise and the link.
    -------------
    Wondering which job to tackle first? If it is a room thingy - stand in the center of the room facing East and start from your right hand corner. Go around the room.

If it is non room - finish the easiest first. You will get satisfaction of finishing a job.

Best wishes.

Hello to everybody.
    On a personal front a number of life's demands have been pulling me from all the sides and taking a toll on my mental endurance.
    I realized that as a result when I write here that stress is coming out in the form of advice, or reaction, or just plain confusion.
    I am looking for ways to avoid getting on your nerves in future. Will come up with something.

You will not see me here the next few days. Wishing all those who observe Varalakshmi viratham a smooth celebration.
    Please post how you applied Time Management techniques in observing this festival.

Wishing all my friends in India and elsewhere, a happy Independence Day!

Take care all.
    Best wishes.

1 person likes this.
  10. mahesaran

mahesaran IL Hall of Fame

Thank you KK mam for your valuable reply. Now I am controlling a lot that I should not scold or shout at him. Instead of that I told him if he were lazy and playful in the morning,I won't come to the bus stop to drop him or pick him. That is nicely working. Even today he told me 'mummy you can eat 2 spoons of my food' I asked why, he replied, 'from morning itself you are not eating anything, you are busy in kitchen, that's why I gave my food' and he added' today also I didn't get any scold na? Are you happy now?'. I was amazed, how he is reading me.
    Wow what a perception for doing a work! I never thought like this before, thanks for this idea. Here after I will follow.
    Till now I didn't start any work. The school bus is 1:10 hr late.We are going to my son's friends house for playing. So have to start some work after coming back.
    Definitely I will miss you. Take care.

4 people like this.