1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Time management - cooking, cleaning, and exercise

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kkrish, Apr 22, 2012.

1. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Hi Magee,
    Made kambhankoozh today for b/f, but without running it in mixie. Next time I will do that. DH had it said it was ok. For me I will have it in the evening. I like the taste with buttermilk. Even oats myself and DD prefer to take with buttermilk only. DH and DS will have with milk and sugar.

Dear Mahe,
    I am avoiding coffee as I feel I am taking more of that. Early morning coffee in empty stomach also not good know? That is why trying to avoid. Many times I tried, I get too tempted and end up in headache. Your Aadi velli menu is quite tempting.

Thank you Mahe, Shaluu, Kika for encouraging words to my DD. She is a invisible member of this thread.

Hi Nikki mom. Don’t worry too much now. Of course Dd will be missing her friends. Then catching up will be fun How old is she?

Hi Gorgeous. OOh! Take care dear. Don't worry. Wishing her speedy recovery. I agree with you leaving sick child behind and going to office is really painful. But what to do, it is all our choice know. These comes as a package.

How is your son Jeni, Did you see the doctor? Our weather is also not good. So clumsy. Take care. Sleepless nights may extend for another few months. When he starts having at least semi solid foods he will have good sleep in the night. Then you will be having your set routine.

Hi Shara. Yum chakkaraipongal. How good it will be to exchange all the goody stuff through this thread? I too made chakkaripongal on aadi velli. Hope your pils reached safe. Good that you are attending yoga class. That’s a great compliment from your little one. Congratulations.

Hi Kika. How are you feeling now? Is your DH back. What you are saying is true. The normal days are blessings. We feel more of that when it is not normal. Good pointers on relationship. Thank you for your birthday wishes. I take books or something to stitch, so that the waiting time in a queue or in hospitals doesn’t irritate me. During waiting time at music class too, sometimes I will be so sleepy, solving sodoku will wake it up.

Hi Vidukarth and Akila I am on clouds.

Dear Pooja, Welcome to this thread. First make a time table of what you have been doing now. Find out the slots in which you can do something else effectively. Instead of many breaks, try to finish all household chores with very small breaks in between if you need, so that you will get a larger span of time, in which you can do some crafts or that will be your time as you wish. Make a time chart, you yourself will emerge with a plan. With some trial and error you can optimize. Whenever time permits go through the quick links from sticky thread.

Hi Soundarya, Have a great vacation. Take all the necessary medicines for the kids, just in case if you need. You need a break.

Hi Kamala Good to see you back.

Regards
    Manjukps

7 people like this.
  2. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

My Updates:

Friday:
    Morning usual chores. Morning after usual chores, dropped dd at school. My parents came here as my Myself and mom went to visit my bro's fil in hospital as he had heart attack. They needed some hands on help with few hospital procedures. While my mom was consoling his mil, I went did some necessary formalities along with their son. We returned before dd came. Parents stayed here for the week end as my Dad was not still feeling well and their doctor is near my home.
    Saturday : Dad was feeling better. Kids had school. Had engaged persons to clean overhead tanks. Made chakkaraipongal for aadi perukku. Otherwise nothing more specific.
    Sunday: Had engaged a person to clean cobweb in portico as well as behind windows around the house. It took half day. I cooked little early, we had brunch. Then stitching for some orders. My mom, who is very entrepreneurial (she was doing some job work contracts from home when we were at school. Also she was running a browsing center when my last bro was in his masters) was discussing with me how I can take my venture forward and in what ways she could help me (she is 65 now). She took few pending blouses to stitch buttons as my maid was too slow in returning. They left around 3 after coffee. As my son was doing project along with his friend at home, made cutlet for all kids.
    Monday to Wednesday : Usual morning chores, dropping dd at school, picking up ds in the evening. Catching up with more order for stitching. Made idli batter, made butter naan for yesterday's dinner. Today trying to bake bread.
    Today did some gardening work after some days in the morning after DS left. Cleared the weeds, prepared four pots for new plants, which I am planning to get in the weekend.
    Friday being holiday which coincides with my DOB, DH has told me that we shall go out for lunch. On that day planning to get some seeds and plants. Also to do some purchases for varalakshmi vratham. This time planning to decorate with hands and feet for ambal. Usually we just keep ambal's face on coconut with kalasam.

Catch up with you soon.

All of you have a great long weekend.

Regards
    Manjukps

7 people like this.
  3. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

My belated birthday wishes to your twins Shara!
    May God bless them with all that is best in life! Wishing them many more years of health, happiness, and prosperity!!!

7 people like this.
  4. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Hi all
    A quick hello.

Nice reading your updates.
    Welcome Pooja!
    This thread can be broadly divided in two parts. The original few/many pages provides a number of methods and tips to manage your time and maintain your home; the latter parts are mainly day-to-day updates.
    The demarcation is however, not very clear. Hence we have provided the sticky thread that provides links to just important information.

Your day seems to be pretty relaxed and going on smoothly. You have not mentioned where you need help.
    Try to post your daily routine, either here or in private notebook, and you yourself may identify the problem and find a solution.

I am not able to address everyone today.
    Just want to acknowledge Kika's note to me. Thanks Kika.

Please don't get offended if I say that I have only two babies - my sons.

This is just what it is - a virtual thread.
    I started this thread just like many other threads; except for helping the moderator to keep some topics in check because I happen to be the OP I don't feel any possessiveness to this. Manju has contributed just as much as I have, if not more.

Life has taught me to be detached to most of the things; so a thread in virtual forum is definitely one of them. Just as I will retire from my job one day, I will also stop participating here and someone may take over and continue or it may eventually die out; That said, while I am on it I do give my all to make my contributions worthy.

However, to me all the posters are important. While I am not possessive about them I am definitely protective about them I see that I respect them and do my best to encourage or motivate them. Perhaps that is what Manju referred to as motherly.

Sorry about the monologue.

I was/am not upset with you at all. Only puzzled about your comment that my life is inspirational only to a certain group of people and not others. It may be true. But then I never said that my life was inspirational - those who found it inspirational said it! Hence my puzzlement as to what I did wrong?

It's okay...let us move forward. Please relax. I assure you that to me you are same as every poster here and just as important.

I consider you a valuable person and your posts are very encouraging and motivational!

So take care Kika, be happy and continue to visit here regularly.
    You are missed here sorely; I noticed that from so many inquiries about your absence :)

Best wishes!

6 people like this.
  5. mahesaran

mahesaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi Jeni, It is good that you are having time to relax yourself. Take care of your ds dear. yes Jeni sometimes if i need a good cover to keep the eatables, i have to scatter all the cover and search . Now i arranged the covers separately.
    Hi Shara, Happy birthday to both of your cutties, So you are kick starting the week by 4:30 itself. Very nice. Even i love to hear some melodious songs in that time. Congrats that you got the appreciation from your dd. So sweet of her that she is expressing her happiness of a clean house.:)
    Hi kika thank you very much for your response. Hugs to you dear that you are handling the kids and home with the health issues. I will pray the god for your speedy recovery.
    Thank you Akila for your appreciation. My grand father told me a story about Hanumann in my childhood. For hanumann if somebody is praising about his power it will increase for him. I will correlate this with me many times. If somebody is praising me i want to enhance myself better and do more things. After reading your words today i prepared 5 min healthy wheat cake by dinny and had it already.:thumbsupAnd i am a very sensitive person. If i started arguing i will shed tears. Mainly for that reason i sorted out the issue in absence of my son.
    Thank you shaluu for your appreciation. If i started browsing all my works would be in pending. For that reason, now a days, i am surfing after finishing my works.
    Hi Soundarya, Haapy vaccation and enjoy with your dear ones
    Magee, You are rocking dear with your new recipes as usual.
    Hi KK mam, Even i am thinking of asking about you. Take care.
    Hi pooja, welcome to this thread. If you started reading all the post , definitely you will find ideas to manage the time(my experience).
    Hi Manju mam, So nice of you that you want to help kika. You and your dd both are great. plz Give some tips like these now and then, it will be helpful for the other moms also.At which class she is in now? Thanks for your appreciation Manju mam.Even i am having ulcer. So often i won't take coffee. Weekly three days i will have coffee with biscuits.It is good that you are getting support from all the family members. With all these work, you are doing gardening also. Really very nice. It is really a stress buster.Now i know the secret of your energy.:)
    Hi gorgeous, I thought that the climate is the culprit now. Take care of yourself and kids dear.

Two days went well with lot of works. Monday can't able to fold the clothes as i was busy with my ds. But did every other things.
    Yesterday got up at 5:45. Even woke my son as of his exam. Made him to revise everything. Prepared brown rice, white rice, ridge gourd-dal,bhendi curry and packed veg and furit salad with pulkas and dal. Then went for cycling, On the way back,Went to friends house to learn SURYANAMASKAR. And succeed in that. I wish to buy an Anarkalee dress and took it to home from a lady(she is doing business at home). But it is not fitting me. i shared this to my friend . She told that she will take it. After coming back again went to her house to give that dress.
    After breakfast, Started cleaning the kitchen and cleaned four shelves , then cleaned and mopped the floor . It become 12. Then did some workouts and took bath and loaded the washing machine and surfed for some time. Went to pick ds. After coming back did some sets of SN, cut the veggies for pasta and prepared wheat pasta and while ds was studying , started browsing to know more things about Suryanamskar. After dinner, cleaned vessels, kitchen counter and told a story(from tiffyshri) to ds.
    Hubby was busy with his work. So after he arrived , he discussed about my behaviour with our son that i am scolding him a lot in the morning. What to do? I am also feeling bad that i am scolding him. But if i am not shouting,he won't do anything. (i will often call him by his name and ask what is going on, what are you doing, finished bathing, wore the dress etc). Then i told i will try to control myself and hubby told if he is lazy let him not go to school for one day(ds is so scared to do the pending writing in the leisure period, so he himself won't take leave) And for the past few months also i am trying to control myself but sometimes with his playfulness i am losing my control.

Today Woke up at 5:40 and also woke up ds. Gave him milk and oats to dh. Prepared pizza paratha , mushroom pulao and aloo-soya gravy. packed pulao with gravy with veg and fruit salad. Then went to friends house for SN and did cycling there itself. After having bf, segregated all the bills in their appropriate files ( long time pending work). Then cleaned vessels, mopped the floors, handwashed the clothes and dried it. Then did 30 min spot jogging. Washed wash basin and bathrooms and took bath. While having lunch itself prepared wheat-oats pan cake for ds's snack. Then after picking ds, prepared 5 min wheat cake by dinny and had it wih ds.
    Now i am IL, Need to do things: test to ds, cut veggies for tomorrow's cooking, Need to prepare palak soup and as usal kitchen cleaning after dinner.
    Today i tried thress new recipes as pizza paratha, wheat-oats pan cake and wheat jaggery cake. So little happy that i gave healthy and delicous dishes to my family today. :)
    Meet you buddies till then take care

7 people like this.
  6. Gae3

Gae3 Platinum IL'ite

A big Hello to one and all :)

I had a long weekend here.So couldn't update regularly.

@Magee,
    Thank you for the info.
    Dint know this at all. Hope I will go to temple to attend that pooja.

@Manju mam,
    Thank you mam yes.Slowly a regime is set up.But moving at slow pace.
    But I am happy about it that its moving.
    Your kids are amazing and will follow the tip of inculcating a good habit at young age.
    I did follow the brisk walk after dinner.It worked good for both me and DH.
    Now have joined swim lessons.So got to give time to get used to this schedule.

@Akilamam,
    Wow, great that your kids have got used to less comp games :)

@Shaluu,
    Good going.Wishing you more weight loss.

@SoundVijay,
    Enjoy the vacation dear.

Yesterday I cleaned the kitchen shelves.
    Rearranged it. And swept and swabbed the kitchen floor.
    Cleaned for few minutes in bedroom.
    Cleared all unwanted stuffs from Dining table and other shelves.
    Prune the flowers and made new bouquet from available flowers.
    Put 1 on dining table and one on coffee table.
    Went to club to exercise came back home and cooked Dinner.
    Was damn tiered.had a baby sleep after long time.

8 people like this.
  7. JeniFlora

JeniFlora Gold IL'ite

shara,

belated birthday wishes to your dd's.

yesterday, felt very depressed and cried for 10mins without any reason. I have tried to do prayer , yoga, exercise or any cleaning work. but i couln't concentrate on anything. Finally after i received my dd from creche and spent time with her, i felt normal.

Evening cleaned the toilet. Folded all the dried clothes and spent time in nearby mamy's house. She has invited me to her house on tommorrow for adi friday. Planed to go tomorrow. Feed dinner to dd and had mine with dh and went to bed by 11pm

2 people like this.
  8. mahesaran

mahesaran IL Hall of Fame

A very happy long weekend to all you.

3 people like this.
  9. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Hello Mahesh
    Nice to read your updates.
    Are you doing too much that it is taking a toll on your tolerance towards your son? Please don't stress over things. Let your child be a child.
    Actually I had posted an article here sometime long ago asking the ladies with young children to not go overboard with keeping the home "clean" Home should be home and not a museum.
    Let your child(ren) enjoy to some extent.
    Here is the article I posted a couple of days ago in another thread.
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...t-my-thoughts-on-parenting-2.html#post2919124

Take care.
    Hello Gae3
    Are you still in Canada or have you returned to India?
    Am I confusing you with someone else? Growing old you see..my memory is poor.
    Nice to read your updates.
    Dear Jeni
    Trust you are better.
    Perhaps it is PMS or Post partum stress, or just a stress reliever.
    Take care.
    What is this long weekend for? Isn't Independence day next week?

Nothing writable from my side. I am working extra hours to take a day off next Tuesday.
    Take care all.

5 people like this.
  10. chithirainilavu

chithirainilavu Gold IL'ite

Thank you kamala mam, manju mam, gorgeous, mahe and jeni for your blessings and wishes for my DDs.

@ manju mam idea of exchanging yummy dishes virtually sounds great.

gals my younger dd complimenting me for keeping the house clean has lots of inner meaning in it. How can it be clean , it is not looking nice, it will look nice only when crayons, color pencils, drawing books are all lying around. she did that once also. Nowadays i have told her some guests like appa's friends and his family may come to our house, so house should be looking neat, and they will say wow both kids have kept the house so clean and appreciate you. From then she is okay. (eppadi ellam build-up kudukka vendi irukku) :thumbsup

The actual reason behind this clean house, i have sorted and packed their toys, puzzles and kept in carton boxes and kept in store room.It will be given in rotation and have made them put it back in respective boxes once they finish playing. :cheers

Have a nice long weekend:)

shara

9 people like this.