1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Time management - cooking, cleaning, and exercise

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kkrish, Apr 22, 2012.

1. lakshmi05

lakshmi05 Silver IL'ite

Hi Latha,

Well done.
    Though you faced some problems there, somehow you managed everything and did a very good job.

Lakshmi.

1 person likes this.
  2. lakshmi05

lakshmi05 Silver IL'ite

Hello friends,

Yesterday apart from my routine, i cleaned our balcony cum service and washed other mosquito nets.

Then just I got engrossed in IL.

In the evening we were having an appointment with our cardiologist for my husband. By 2.30 pm i closed my lap and started preparing dinner. By 4pm i started and picked up my dh from his office and went to the hospital.

For the first time in the last four years our cardiologist made us feel happy by saying that there is some improvement in dh's ecg. God is great.

Reached home by 9pm. Had dinner. Again the routine of cleaning and chopping veggies for the next day.

Lakshmi.

3. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Latha, did a nice job....kudos girl..

Touchhood Lakshmi Mam..Hope things would be even better in future...

2 people like this.
  4. lakshmi05

lakshmi05 Silver IL'ite

Today after finishing my routine I changed the bed spread and pillow covers in the master bed and washed. I am planning to finish my blouse today.

5. lakshmi05

lakshmi05 Silver IL'ite

6. latharam09

latharam09 Platinum IL'ite

Thank you for the likes Dear Shanvy, Prana, Manju, Shara and Nanimom..

Thank you for your nice feedback Geetha, Manju, Lakshmi, Prana.

@Lakshmi, You are inspiring all of us with your daily routine and updates. Well planned. My prayers are for your dh.

@Prana, Forgot to add. About cleaning the scrub. Thanks for sharing it here. I too have the habit, I always insist my maid to do this after cleaning. Now I have stopped my maid and started doing on my own.

My updates:

Today prepared second batch of pori urundai, prepared batter for appam and adai. Cleaned the lamps, put oil & thiri for all the lamps , put maa kolam, had a short nap of 20 mins, no cooking today, I just had dosa for lunch.

Just peeped in and relaxing. By 6pm, after seeing the dharshan of Thiruvannamalai dheepam in TV, I usually lit the lamp and offer to God.

HAPPY KARTHIGAI DEEPAM GIRLS.

PS: If anybody wishes, shall upload here (if permitted) the snaps of dheepam.

1 person likes this.
  7. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Hope all had nice Karthigai yesterday. Did pori Urundai and appam. Cleaned and re-organized my wardrobe. Made some space for my nighties and pajamas from stored in draw underneath cot. Now the draw is filled with clothes for stitching. Since my sewing machine is yet in service center for overhauling I was able utilize this time. Planning to organize kids' wardrobes in 2 to 3 days.

Little personal care done. Bed spreads need to changed and washed.

Dear Lakshmi akka ( hope I shall call you akka. Any objection???)

Your updates are really inspiring. Good to know your DH's ECG is better. " ini ellam sukame".

Prana, I too wash the scrub after each batch of washing vessels. Though I have maid she does in the morning, which will be morning cooking vessels. Rest I wash in the kitchen sink itself. Dinner vessels if needs soaking I keep it for morning wash. I use liquid soap in the kitchen sink as I don't like wet soap there with food particles.

See you ladies.

Regards
    Manjukps

2 people like this.
  8. maryjose

maryjose New IL'ite

Hi I am bachelor and staying with other two friends in a rental house. Doing self cooking and morning two hours i spent to cook and carry to office some foods for lunch. It will happen every week. I don't feel any difficulties to do cooking.

9. lakshmi05

lakshmi05 Silver IL'ite

Actually here you folks are inspiring me a lot. You all rock here.

@Latha, thanks a ton for your prayers for my dh.

@Manju, Good to know your DH's ECG is better. " ini ellam sukame".....Thank you Manju. I am happy if you call me akka but more happy if you call me just lakshmi.

Lakshmi

2 people like this.
  10. lakshmi05

lakshmi05 Silver IL'ite

Yesterday I finished my blouse.

Today changed two single bed spreads and pillow covers (my son's and my fil's) and washed. Cleaned a part of my son's room. He takes care of his musical instruments (two guitars and a keyboard)very well, but not the other things.

Some of our relatives were here today. Had a very nice time with them.

Lakshmi.