1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

This is my house!

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by sreshta, Aug 26, 2007.

1. sreshta

sreshta New IL'ite

Hi!
    I would like to discuss the various methods followed by all of you to keep Big black ants away from the house:-( .First they started coming in the backyard,now they are here there and everywhere in the house.I have tried kerosine, salt water and gemaxine,Is there any other effective method?
    Afew things which I follow to keep away small ants, flies and mosquitoes are -clean the floor with salt water one day, clean the floor with two drops of kerosine in the water one day and neem water sprinkling all over the house.This keeps the mosquitoes, flies and ants away. Natural methods are better compared to chemicals as there are no side effects .Please share your ideas here to keep the house clean without any insects or pests.
    regards
    Sreshta

Last edited: Aug 26, 2007

2. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

I always drop Napthalene balls around the corners. They smell good and also keeps insects at bay... For sensitive areas like drains, you can make a small ball of wheat flour + boric acid good ones for cockroaches. Keeping fresh mint leaves aound the corners keeps flies away.

3. sravy

sravy Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

For the cockroaches and ants i will use HIT chalk Or spray it is very effective . for bath room i will spray bleaching powder and afterwards i will spray hit . I am facing problem with lizzards any tips please tell me .

4. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

For lizards "KHATNIL" . Very good ones. I spary this liquid on my window sill.. Now not a single one in my house.... Very powerful medicine....

5. sravy

sravy Bronze IL'ite

thank u mals i will try it ......

6. piu

piu New IL'ite

Thank u sreshta :exactly: what I search for u posted.those ant & cockroaches just hell my life

7. sreshta

sreshta New IL'ite

Dear Mals,
    Thanks for those useful tips. Is 'Khatnil' safe for humans?I am allergic to all these anti repellants.
    sreshta

8. sreshta

sreshta New IL'ite

Dear Sravy,
    Thanks for the tip. I have not tried chalk for ants.Nowadays, battery operated bats are available for flies and mosquitoes.Its very useful.Don't u find ;HIT' suffocating?
    Sreshta

9. sreshta

sreshta New IL'ite

Dear Piu,
    :yes: Sometimes when I have to dance with the broom in hand to hit them,I feel like shouting"This is MY house!:)
    Sreshta

10. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear sreshta,
    i spray a cupfull of metacid added to a litre of water over the places where these ants prowl, they never come back for the season itself.. it is something which we spray for the plant every month to keep away pests..sunkan