1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

The 70-Day Declutter / Organize your Home & Life Challenge

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by kashvya, Oct 22, 2013.

1. attitudegirl

attitudegirl Platinum IL'ite

[​IMG] was that supposed to be a compliment????? hehe.. just kidding..

i was scavenging my bedroom.. nothing to de-clutter.. just threw an old canvas of my DD and a cassettes of my BIL.. He had given that long back, reminded him umpteen times to take it back, but he said he doesnt want.. I wasnt able to remove since felt it is not mine, someone else's property.. finally got myself to de-clutter it.. guess it becomes mine when someone gives..

tomm attacking kids room, surefire i am gonna heap a pile of garbage..

2 people like this.
  2. lifeisajourney

lifeisajourney Silver IL'ite

baskets for the books look really cute. I am waiting to do this idea in the kitchen but my kids are a bit young so need to wait for them to grow the one in the picture took my heart away....
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  3. lifeisajourney

lifeisajourney Silver IL'ite

as for the updates Saturday I cleared the laundry and really felt bad for seeing 4 cans of degreaser for the cars in the laundry... so moved then to respective places and organised the remaining stuff...

2 people like this.
  4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Here's what I have kashvya -

Usually I like to keep library books from home books separate and sorting of the home books was what I mentioned. Thankfully library books go back into the basket, usually. Home basket is what gets piled up!

P1280896.JPG

So that also brings me to day four. I sorted out the gaming station and put away the games in the third basket. ( I took a picture together) and then I also sorted out magazines getting rid of the ones I did not need. These are kind of baskets I use for magazines.

P1280898.JPG

I have seen some of my friends use colorful looking decent size pots to hold magazines and that looks lovely too.

Along with sorting of magazines, I also did some re organization of my potted plants (which are moved from outdoors) in preparation for Diwali this weekend. So day four was unplanned yet got some organizing done.

6 people like this.
  5. kashvya

kashvya Silver IL'ite

Wow......its nice to see so many people active. Lovely updates from all of you. However Day 5 has been a holiday for me.
    We had guests visiting usin the morning. I took Asiesta in the afternoon.....one of those rare days .......then went Diwali shopping inthe evening. Came back just now.

6. kashvya

kashvya Silver IL'ite

attitidegirl...that was definitely a compliment :cool2:

Wow...on your bedroom..I don't know when I can call my house decluttered. Guess it will be ages.....

Good luck on your kids room :)

7. kashvya

kashvya Silver IL'ite

Great job :)

Its nice to see that most of you are in an organizing phase. I seem to be stuck on the decluttering phase

8. kashvya

kashvya Silver IL'ite

Srama

Oh I look your baskets. They look absolutely amazing
    In fact I looked at some of these baskets in an organizing video coupld of days back and have been scavenging shops in Chennai looking out for those. I have not tried Home Center / @home or such shops though. I would love to organize bed sheets / pillow covers in those:)
    The books look amazing in the baskets...but don't your children move the baskets around??

My son would love to pull them along every where. He is in the terrible two phase you see :)

1 person likes this.
  9. kashvya

kashvya Silver IL'ite

Day 6

Ok...I cant believe I took a break yesterday. Its refreshing to take a break...but some how my drive has come down.....(Hint....need motivation ) surrendersmiley

Here is my plan for today

Now that I have cleared stuff that were lying down on the floor and most are back where they belong...This week i'm going to look at all the flat surfaces in my house.

Things such as my shoe shelf , sofa , dining unit, computer table, kids book and toy shelf, all display shelving units, beds ... you get the idea?

Today, I'm going to start with the laptop table unit here...Let me work on it...compensate for yesterday and post back later with my updates

Cheers

1 person likes this.
  10. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

hi nice going girls!
    i did lot of cleaning today:) actually not much but im happy i did clean the shelves in our drawing room, they were full of past bills, expired deal coupons, bits n bits of papers on which i had scribbled nonsense, like noting down the number but forgot to add name so now i dont know whose number it was :)
    sorted out books , kept dh's professional books in separate shelves, then have a big box of last years magazines , im planning to donate it to the library.
    on Saturday, i cleaned my makeup closet , had lot of nail-polish and lipstick which i dont use. gave nail paints to the maid. so many clips. clutchers and rubber bands which i dont use now , that also gave to her. i was never able to find any right lipstick shade when i neede , that fully place look much sorted now. i am really happy for that.
    next on my list is cleaning dh's closet, he also has lot of junk to be thrown :)

1 person likes this.