1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Tech Innovations for the Home

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by Vandhana, Mar 25, 2007.

1. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Ladies,

Hey , i just thought of this thread while watching a program on HGTV today. We should have a thread to discuss the latest innovations for our homes , be it kitchen, or bath or wherever.. ....

HGTV usually has these expos every every year separately for Kitchens, Baths, gardens, And the house in general where companies come and showcase the latest .

So Gals, if anyone has bought anything new and that makes a difference please do share it with us here.

Vandhana

Last edited: Mar 25, 2007

2. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

WARMING DRAWERS.

What are they? They are like small ovens, that help to keep food, plates etc.. warm without burning them and we don't have to use the Oven.
    They have been around for some years now, and I bought one when i had to change my Cooking range a few years ago. The cooking range itself came with a warmer drawer option. And yes they are a boon to have. I just finish up my cooking, and shove everything in the Warming drawer, and there, the food is hot and ready whenever you need it.
    Especially when entertaining, this is really handy. Also i find that Pakodas, and vadais etc.. stay really crisp when made ahead and put in the warming drawer.

So ladies, if any one is going in to change their Cooking range or complete remodel on the kitchen, consider going in for a range that has a warming drawer or one that can be put it stand alone.

Vandhana

Last edited: Mar 25, 2007
  3. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

hello vandhana,
    very nice warmer drawer...thanx for sharing,iam just wondering whether v have this facility in our india???

4. raginiprakash

raginiprakash Senior IL'ite

Hey Vandhana,

That's a nice thread....HGTV is an awesome channel & one of my favourites.

Warmer drawer........haven't heard of that before.......but going by your description, sure looks like a smart innovation.

Cheers!
    Ragini.

5. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Dear Viji,

Not sure about the warmers drawers being available in India yet. But am sure there is " high end" market right now for it there too. Ofcourse, now that Hobs and ranges are being made in India, the warmers drawers should not be far behind..

Vandhana

6. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

hello vandhana,
    thanx for ur info,after 2 months, v r going back to india,i'll check it out & info u all.

7. leelal

leelal Bronze IL'ite

Hi Vandhana,

Warmer drawers are really going to be useful for all households to enjoy a hot ready to serve food. Thnak You for sharing this info.

AFAIK though such hi-tech innovations are not yet available in India, we are used to the hot-case ( made of thermocol, very cheap in Rs 300-1000) that keeps the food warm for 5-6 hours. The latest entrants are made of steel with a little high end price and really looks very neat and compact. These are generally available in Saravana Stores.

Will checkout for this warmer drawer in Saravanas next time..